The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Hood vent mod, tell me what you think

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I really like the front vent it'll look really sweet when it's finished and painted. Nice job

Ok here we go! I picked this fiberglass hood up for $125 and started guting it. Hemoved the uderside support piece and layed on two layers of 5.7oz kevlar fabric to regain the stifness i had lost from removing the support frame. I then cut the air vents bigger and deeper by an 1" and added a EVO X scoop for some good old ram air to the air filter. I still have to make the box but it still feeds cold air to the airfilter for now. I am going to add CF vent covers to just mocked up a piece to see what its going to look like.

Attachments

• new hood.jpg
    new hood.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 358
  • frontview1.jpg
    frontview1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 343
  • frontview2.jpg
    frontview2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 350
  • topview1.jpg
    topview1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 348
  • underside1.jpg
    underside1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 344
  • vent cover.jpg
    vent cover.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 346
i was wanting to know something about the first hood i like the look and i was wanting to know if it was to rain would everything be OK????

I never had any problems, then again I didn't drive it in the rain. I would say if you have the turbo manifold exposed with out a sheild that is it might crack it.

I think it looks great man, i was a fan of the first one and I like the second one even more. Wish I knew someone as handy with body work as you around my area!

Honestly all you have to do is try. I didn't know anything about bodywork, composites, fiberglass or welding until I tried it and learned. It looked interesting to me and I taught myself how to do it. Your going to make mistakes and waste money but that's what this sport is all about. I was just like F-paying someone else I'll figure it out. If you need any help just ask, I'll try to point you in the right direction. Here it is after wetsanding, still alot to do, damn ADD.

Attachments

• hood shot 3.jpg
    hood shot 3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 263
I think it looks great, the NACA duct looks good to me. I feel the naca duct offsets the fact there's a big buldge on the other side :p just paint it

I really like it man, very clean. + 982793618923749836 for doing it youself and havin git looks so good.

i really liked the first hood, mad props, nothing like having an oem metal hood that fits perfect and it's a metal hood! gretaness man, you gave me some good ideas.

not a fan of the fiberglass hood, it doesn't seem to flow with the car.

i really liked the first hood, mad props, nothing like having an oem metal hood that fits perfect and it's a metal hood! gretaness man, you gave me some good ideas.

not a fan of the fiberglass hood, it doesn't seem to flow with the car.

Thanks, thats kind of funny becuase I cut up the FG to flow better with the car.:ohdamn: And vent the engine bay. I felt the old hood with the bulge didn't flow as well. Maybe when it gets painted?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back