The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Hood scoop functionality.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbird94

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2011
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
My GSX came with a hood scoop when I bought it. It looks like a subaru scoop and there is a space cut out underneath for air flow. What I am wondering is just how functional this thing is based on its shape. From what I understand people cut holes in the hood above the turbo (like a stock evo hood) to allow air that flows across the radiator to escape from the bay, not let air in.
Would I be better off removing the scoop to improve the flow of air across the radiator and out of the bay?

Attachments

• 305420_10150359342573180_502139250_n.jpg
    305420_10150359342573180_502139250_n.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 194
Unfortunately that is completely back-asswards per the reasons you said. You're ruining the pressure differential across the radiator (and fmic if you have one). Lose the scoop, get a vent.

You could flip the scoop around 180deg then you could use it as a vent in the manner you descibed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back