The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Hood Pins [Merged 11-8]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeah unless you have a cf hood that flexes alot then why would you even want to put them on? my buddy had a cheap pair they tarnished after a month and looked like shit! guess it just help him look even more rice LOL

I only have them because My factory hood latch is broken...

Has anybody completly removed the factory latch assembly from there car and now just using hood pins? If so hows that working for you and what pins are you using? cf and oem.

Iam trying to clean things up under the hood and i hate the look of that latch. Plus i need to remove that vertical brace it rests on for my oil cooler set up im working on.

yea i removed it and ran nrg cf hood pins! worst mistake ever! the hood flew up on me doing 65 and dented the shit out of my roof. my windshield got saved cause it was the invader style hood. and the roof took all the damage..$400 worth and a trashed hood later, i will not go cf hood again.

yea i removed it and ran nrg cf hood pins! worst mistake ever! the hood flew up on me doing 65 and dented the shit out of my roof. my windshield got saved cause it was the invader style hood. and the roof took all the damage..$400 worth and a trashed hood later, i will not go cf hood again.

There's your problem right there... NRG.

I'm using Aerocatch locking hood pins with no factory latch. I would rather have the factory hood latch as well but I just couldn't get my intercooler to fit right. The only way I would even consider going without the hood latch is with the Aerocatch pins.

And yes I know the picture in my profile doesn't have the hood pins installed. I took a picture before installing them so I would have some with just a clean, smooth hood.

when i bought my 2gnt it had a carbon fiber hood with just pins but i went to the junk yard picked up a latch and installed it and kept the pins for looks

I ran a CF oem style hood with only the auto parts store hood pins for a year with no problems at all. Untill now one of the pins is starting to back its way out every now and again. So be careful about that. Otherwise no problems.

How did the hood fly up with the pins intact? I've never seen hood pin failure, but I've seen people fail to use them...

im actually restoring a CF hood that a guy up in Allentown had on his talon and didnt use hood pins, so needless to say, smashy smashy. After the repair is done its gonna be flat black so i'm probably gonna get these :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back