The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Hood dump or Full Exhaust?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkdlyfe

Proven Member
Feb 23, 2016
Summer feild, Florida
So I've been running a hood dump directly off the turbo for a good while now but now thinking about changing it up. Getting too hot to not be able to have both windows down. Having a hood dump the pass window gotta stay up sadly unless u like the smell of exhaust.. I was also thinking about just doing a lower front bumper exit but figured it would just do the same exact thing.. Besides the obvious about the fumes is there like a gain so to say from a full exhaust then a hood exit ? Been so long since I had a full exhaust LOL I don't member how it's like ..

I dump with a 3" shitty electric bypass right off of the downpipe 90* turn, about a foot back (right off of the @MorrisonFab flex pipe). It was reverberating in the car until I twisted the turndown OUT and under the driver side door. I can cork it up but never do.
Just my setup so you have 1 to go off of.
HX40 2.0 1gb auto car.
Marty

I like to be stealth, so I prefer the full exhaust route. I was also the guy that hid the head unit to my electronic boost controller in the flip
Up compartment on the center console. I could go from 15psi (gate pressure) to 34psi with the push of a button. But that’s how we rolled in Chicago, getting our hustle on LOL

I also run "scramble boost" on my steering wheel. Never "had" to use it but it bumps from my normal 24 to 35+. :D

Sometimes you can have o2 sensor reading issues due to the short length of the hood dump where fresh air gets mixed in with the exhaust stream. I can't think of any other issues.

Why not just have the car set on “kill” all the time? That’s why I switched to E85. I got tired of switching tunes every time I went from pump gas to race gas.
It is. The gate is at 24psi. I run gate pressure and the override is "kill" (or all I can get it to boost). Its built to take it! I know the guy that did the engine :cool:
She also has a flex fuel tune in her but she only gets E85.
BTW, I have BOOST again so I can go play! Yay.
Sorry, sidetracked.
Carry on!

It is. The gate is at 24psi. I run gate pressure and the override is "kill" (or all I can get it to boost). Its built to take it! I know the guy that did the engine :cool:
She also has a flex fuel tune in her but she only gets E85.
BTW, I have BOOST again so I can go play! Yay.
Sorry, sidetracked.
Carry on!
So what was the “non-boost” issue?

I like to be stealth, so I prefer the full exhaust route. I was also the guy that hid the head unit to my electronic boost controller in the flip
Up compartment on the center console. I could go from 15psi (gate pressure) to 34psi with the push of a button. But that’s how we rolled in Chicago, getting our hustle on LOL
Lol sleeper to the next level for real LOL... I liked thw whole obnoxious stand out but it's getting old not being able to like have the window down LOL

So like do yall think I should maybe do a front lower bumper exit?

I have a 3in bumper exit on my car. The only time it really gets annoying to me is going through the drive through, or if I just so happen to pull up beside a cop at a stop light. It's still loud, and it can probably get obnoxious to some people, but I like it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back