The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Honda CRX's...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19Eclipse90

DSM Wiseman
Sep 29, 2003
OKC, Oklahoma
I'm looking into purchasing a 1990 Honda CRX, but I'm questioning what the guy wants for it. It has 186,8xx miles on it and the engine runs extremely strong. However, there are many parts that will need replacing, including a front bumper. But this is all besides the point, all I need to know is how much CRX's (it's a DX model, so preferably DX models) cost brand new in 1990. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

I had an 87' CRX with the same mileage as the one you're interested in. Mine ran fine except for a slipping clutch and a need for new brake pads. I got $500.00 for the damned thing :p

Look to be paying no more than $1000 dollars.

Hey thanks everyone for the replies. I did some searching on eBay motors and such trying to find out what some were going for, and there were a couple that were going for around $1500, and they were '91 SI's with 130-150K miles on them. The guy won't go any lower than $1700 because he has "done repairs myself, kept it well maintained." All he has done is put new paint on it, and do some of the necessary regulars that need to be done every so often. We tried right off to offer $1400 and he was like, no, I've already had offers like that (which I think was B/S) and I want at least $1650 and it would be hard for me to let it go for that much. Problems we diagnosed it with include slipping clutch, and some bad front bearings of some sort. I think I saw it driving around today without the for sale signs, so I think it's already sold. Even if it wasn't, I don't think I'm going to pursue it any longer.
Again, thanks for the replies.

that car is not worth more than 800. I got my 1990 cavalier with 150000 for $100. All it needed was a battery. Seriously ... you can get a MUCH better deal.

CRX's arnt worth Crap, only to Ricers. and ricers wont even pay 1500 for that damn thing. There not that stupid. Im also in the market for an old CRX, for delivery. and every one and there mom is asking like 1500 bucks! F-That. and most of them dont even have a b- Swap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back