1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Home page only showing "For Sale" threads

Posted by Mello, Aug 30, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Is it me or is the DSMTuners home page filtering out everything but the Classifieds "For Sale" posts? Is there an easier way to get visibility to the other classifieds sub categories? Specifically the WTB's?

2. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    I see much more on my homepage. All the new tech threads, classifieds, etc etc.

Street Build 3K  10

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I guess I worded my question poorly, I see the sub-sections too. I was specifically trying to see if the "Recent Classifieds" section could include the WTB's along with the for sales.

4. Ludachris

Ludachris Founder & Zookeeper

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California

Street Build 8K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)
    manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 7K  23

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    435.0 whp · 399.2 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  5. Vegas smith

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    I hate putting up WTB posts because they get zero visibility. I'd like for everything to be in one sub forum.

Street Build 3K  10

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  6. Ludachris

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California
    I can make that happen. Maybe just one parts category and one cars category? Then people can use either the FS prefix or the WTB prefix?

Street Build 8K  0

manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 7K  23

7. Vegas smith

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Sounds good. I also ask that my ads, exclusively, be stickied at the top for even more exposure.

Street Build 3K  10

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  8. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Thanks for the feedback. One thing I've noticed is the home page seems to lag or have a refresh rate cache & it takes a little bit before my posts & response to show up on the home page. I did a bump on a WTB I posted & I never saw it show up on the home page. It is visible in the "Recent Classifieds Listings" when you follow this though.

Maybe the number of classified posts exceeds this cache refresh & why I wasn't able to see my WTB bump show on the home page in the for sale section.

9. Ludachris

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California
    I made some changes to the Classifieds homepage widget, and set the caching to 30 seconds. Let me know if that helps.

Even if I merge some of the classifieds categories together, this homepage widget won't be much different. The only real change is that people browsing the FS category will be exposed to WTB listings in the same category.

Street Build 8K  0

manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 7K  23