The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Holy performance Batman!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosljeff

Okay, so this may be trivial to ya'll...but it made my day.

In the course of 2 days, I found a station that has 93 at the pump, installed my test pipe and installed my boost gauge. Yeehaa! Even with my stock exhaust I have a throatier exhaust note, my turbo seems to be "louder" (could be a placebo effect for all I know), I have a hell of a lot more pick up, and I finally know what psi I am running (12 right now and I haven't even really put it to the test seriously). All of that and my joe p on the way, I am finally getting some speed.

Thanks for letting me share.

Boz

Pocatello ID. Have you heard of it? Probably not, so need I say more? Just kidding, but seriously, only 1 station has it and I have no idea why they do if no one else does. Niether do they, but I'm not complaining. I can't wait to move.

Only 91 available here.....unless you want to spend 3.99/gallon for 101 at the pump.

only 91 here. If you want you can drive to a track and fill up. Last i checked it was 4.75 for 101 octane.

Originally posted by L2RTSiAWD
Only 91 available here.....unless you want to spend 3.99/gallon for 101 at the pump.

That has never made sense to me. The stations have 91 or whatever but nothing higher at the pump, but then there are some stations that jump all the way up to 101. Have they ever heard of a happy medium?

bosljeff, what part of ID is that (N,S,E,W)? I'm moving to ID in a month, and my Talon will be thirsty.

Hell, I just moved from the Seattle area under 2 years ago. Anyway, I'm in Pocatello, which is S.E. Where are you moving?

btw: what is the problem with your engine bay in your gallery? Is it the crap load of grease at the valve cover?

Broken exhaust mani. Nampa, ID (15 min west of Boise) which is SW ID. I am tearing into my car finally this weekend *yeah*. Should be fixed soon nuf.

Originally posted by bosljeff
Pocatello ID. Have you heard of it? Probably not, so need I say more? Just kidding, but seriously, only 1 station has it and I have no idea why they do if no one else does. Niether do they, but I'm not complaining. I can't wait to move.

yep i graduated high school in moscow, ID

Originally posted by bosljeff

That has never made sense to me. The stations have 91 or whatever but nothing higher at the pump, but then there are some stations that jump all the way up to 101. Have they ever heard of a happy medium?

The altitude man. You're at 5000 feet in Pocatello. Octane requirements are less as you go up in altitude. I was in IF for about 7 months. My NA Nissan truck was a dog at almost a mile high.

every gas station here has 91 the lowest you can go....:confused:

I dont know of a place that does not sell 93 here, but by the same token I dont know of a palce that sell's higher than 93 here :( .

BTW: When I just added the K&N filter and did the BCS mod I noticed I could hear the tubo more clearly, as well as the BOV.

(god I can't wait to start this new job... mods mods mods...)

.....unless you want to spend 3.99/gallon for 101 at the pump.

John where the heck is that? The only two pumps I know that sell above 91 around town are 2 76's aka (K).... They are both 100octane and they want $4.89 per gallonOMG Unless you want to drive up to the track and get some fuel, the only other place that sells higher octane unleaded are a couple bike shops I know. All of you guys should really consider yourselves lucky! The highest at just about every pump in AZ-CA is 91 octane, Ive found 2 in AZ that have 92 octane but I'm willing to bet they are just old stickers or something....

However lake Havasu sells 100 octane at all the pumps in the cuty for about $2.25 per gallon which aint bad at all, its just pretty far away;)

hahaha this turned into threat about gas...be thankgul you guys have 93

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back