The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Holset turbo without BEP Housing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's my long awaited dyno chart. It is not corrected, this is the power that it made. This was on a 60* night with baro of 14.69psi, pretty good air. I havn't made a solid pass since it was making this power. I was running the old school DS-MAP, and it was having issues with knock in random spots. I ditched that for a MAFT setup and fixed the knock issue, but I was unable to reinstall my CAI, as it hit the new uicp, so the turbo has been sucking nice hot radiator air. I was also away at school for 2 weeks before I got to make a trip to the track, the weather conditions were less than great with 90* temps at the track, and the baro was 14.70psi. It made 550 in the bad air and sucking hot radiator air, right before going to the track. I got 3 passes, took it easy: 2.0 60' [email protected]. Then I backed the timing off as I thought it had too much, went 1.75 60' [email protected]. Put the timing back in it for the next pass, and broke the transfer case. :( Car weighs 3300lbs with me in it. Still has A/C, cruise, and a big system under the hatch.

I could tell that the I was not moving as much air on the 550whp pass as my idc's stayed low (90% LOL) and the car never went lean (11.5:1). On the 600whp pass ( I saw 115% idc's and the car leaned out to about 13:1. Probably would have made more power if I had more fuel. Based on the 1300 injectors and 13:1 I should have been way over 70lbs/min airflow, but I found my fuel delivery wasn't keeping up, and I was only moving about 60-63lbs/min.

I'm on a 255hp intank with a 255 ext in series, stock lines and filter, staged injectors 450's and 750's. I'm on n/t regualtors for 47psi bfp, and my total injector flow is like 1300cc/min. My pumps can't keep up so I'm moving the 255external to paralell, and running a bigger line up front.

I'm also gonna get my CAI fixed and hope for better air when I'm home for fall break Oct5. More times then, and hopefully a new fastest HY35. As it sits, I think I'm the highest HP HY/HX35, as the most I've seen was richard33 with 527..

Oh yeah forgot, the engine isn't a crazy E85 build or anything.. Standard 8.3:1 wiseco's, dks 272's, stock valve head, that I cleaned the casting flash up, and a home made SMIM out of a stock intake and a piece of 4" tube. Cheap felpro gasket and standard ARP's....I've maxed out my 4bar map a couple times too...LOL.\

Video of the 11.18@130 http://youtu.be/VvTCG9bxP6M

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 468
Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like your spool is about 1000rpm off of a twin-scroll HX35 though? at 3700rpm Mr. Peepers is making about 250ft/lbs more of torque...

Haha well, I don't have to worry about broken transmissions. We'll see if I can break the 600 mark with my 12cm2 hx35 when I get this thing running eh? My setup should be pretty nuts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back