The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

holset oil feed- fitting/ restrictor thread size

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90tsi6bolt

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2012
chicopee, Massachusetts
Ok got a little dilemma trying to figure out size fitting I need to get for a Small h1c. The feed line kit I ordered from extremepsi came with a 12x 1.5 fitting but its way to small. An the only other option for a holset is 1/4npt which also seems to small I have a pic of the fitting that was on the turbo when I bought compared to the 12x 1.5 fitting I have. Just wondering if anyone has run into this before or knows the correct size needed. I can post the pic later today.

I already know what you're going to post...some of the very old H1C's only took a 3/8" line fitting on the oil inlet. I've gotten around this in the past by drilling and tapping the flange to use a Garrett T3 oil feed adapter, but this is the only way to do it...nobody makes a fitting to go from 3/8" inverted-flare line to 4AN.

hmm. i have the old fitting and restrictor that came with the turbo, the restrictor was welded to brass possibly due to a leak also was jb welded to turbo. can i reuse it, here is a pic cut it apart to see what kind of fitting i needed to find. also i am running no BS i have to run a restrictor?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

^ It was probably JB Welded because something didn't fit properly / seal correctly, and that was the solution.

Your restrictor necessity is based on your actual oil pressure entering the turbo. You may need one, you may not based on the oiling requirements of the manufacturer....same as any other aftermarket turbo you'd install on your car.

Ok got a little dilemma trying to figure out size fitting I need to get for a Small h1c. The feed line kit I ordered from extremepsi came with a 12x 1.5 fitting but its way to small. An the only other option for a holset is 1/4npt which also seems to small I have a pic of the fitting that was on the turbo when I bought compared to the 12x 1.5 fitting I have. Just wondering if anyone has run into this before or knows the correct size needed. I can post the pic later today.
Did you ever figure this out? I also am in the same boat. About to get my forward facing small h1c setup finished and I need the feed line fitting or something to work! Thanks in advance

Yes I had to order the proper an fitting I believe it was a -6 x 3/8 pipe fitting then run a reducer -6 to -4an and I also had to run the oil feed from the head location, haven't had any smoke since then pretty sure I will need to rebuild the turbo soon due to oil being pushed out the seals. IG you need pics I can supply them if need be

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back