The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Holset into garrett turbing housing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D@nno

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 20, 2002
ReginaSK
Hey Holset gurus! I have a .63 t3 garrett housing machined for a stage 3 wheel from my old set up. Can this be machined for the hx35 wheel to fit? They both use the same clamps to secure the centre cartrige on.

I have a friend who owns a machine shop but it does sounds like a pain.

I have flanges on order to make a divided manifold but that won't be ready until spring, so I was looking for a quick way to get this up and running.

I'm runing a 2g manifold with a t3 adapter plate and a 5 bolt t3 02 housing. I noticed this Tim's Turbos - Turbo Rebuilding - Stainless Steel Turbine Housing -4/5 bolt pattern I wonder if can be had for use with the hx35 wheel, and what a/r it is? I'll have to call tommorrow i guess.

I'd lose the adapter plate if I were you. There aren't many big-power setups running DSM manifolds with adapter plates. They don't provide a smooth transition for airflow, and every one I've ever disassembled for a customer rebuild showed signs of leaking.

The Bullseye HX35 housings are only available in a DSM bolt-on style turbo flange with a standard DSM o2 housing flange, and a T3-style turbo flange with a 3" v-band outlet. There used to be some other options but they've been discontinued.

Sell your .63 Garrett housing to someone that can use it, and buy the right housing for your turbo. If you're already looking at buying another housing from Tims that won't work with your turbo, you might as well buy the right thing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back