The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

holset hx35

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickcuster

Probationary Member
Oct 25, 2011
maytown, Pennsylvania
Just picked up a holset hx35 today I will be running it with the bep housing.. I have heard about some.folks having to dent there water pipe on the front of the block but others not having to worry about it at all, do you think this is due to the use of a t3 housing and mani.. I'm trying to collect all the info I can before I slap this puppy on the car.

fastest way to tell is slap it in your car. Every car has its own quirks, and yours should be no exception. Just dont use an impact hammer putting those exhaust mani to turbo bolts on, and check behind it after a few turns of the wrench.

I agree with Jus. It mostly depends on your manifold choice.. I had to dent the water pipe for my 20g to fit. But Im using an EBAY tubular manifold. If I had been using an FP mani I probably wouldnt have had to..

Take a look in the Holset faq threads, there will most likely be some talk about which manifolds dont make you dent the water pipe.

The a/r 55 bep housing is what im going with, bolted up to a 2g mani.. I feel like its going to be a super tight fit my 20 g I have on the car is a tight fit.. I wonder if the exhaust housing will position it a bit forward maybe I'm not sure. my buddy I got the hx from didn't have to do a thing to his water pipe he had it set up for t3

I have an evo 3 mani and the BEP .55 housing, i had to dent mine a bit. Its not really a big deal. Oil pressure and oil drain is the biggest concern.

I see your pretty close to me.. Oil feed and drain depend on your particular motor. -12AN is good for the drain. Oil feed (don't quote me on this) -4AN feed off the OFH with a .100 restrictor is what I've heard.

Yup I am located in Lancaster as well. Ok ill have to do some more searching and see if others found these lines are what suited their builds thanks

Yeah I've been crusing the forum looking for info its a lot of hit or miss info. Any little bit of knowledge you can gain is great though you know what I mean

With the BS eliminated, -4AN feed off the oil filter housing with a .100" restrictor is what I've been reading in the threads here. Drain is 3/4" or -12AN. I'm pretty sure you bought Billy's turbo, right?

Yes sir I did good dude there, he helped me do my throwout berring a couple weeks ago. Thanks for those specs I won't be putting the turbo on for a couple months need to get the rest of the parts for the build new punishment o2 and wastegate and bep housing few other things

I needed to dent my water pipe a good deal to fit my hx35 w bep housing. I was using a ported 2g mani at the time. Now that I put the tubular on, I needed to dent it even more!!! I used a hammer and piece of wood and went at it a little at a time. Worked well.

As for the oil feed... I am using stainless line from the oil filter housing. My car is bsek'd and I have modified my oil filter housing spring to adjust pressure. I do not use a restrictor. My current holset has about 10k miles on it with zero play.

I foolishly decided to change this setup, after reading on the forums that you could feed the holset from the head, which led to a blown turbo very quickly. This was after, I repeat after 7k miles of feeding it from the ofh, immediately after switching to feeding from the head, blown turbo.

I have now switched back to the ofh and have not had another issue since. Been like this for over 10k miles now. Turbo feels like the day it was rebuilt. Please take it from me, the above setup works perfectly. I wouldn't even mind if you used a restrictor...just don't feed from anywhere but the ofh.

Oh yea, I use the -10 an lock fittings to drain. Pain in the ass to install, but drains well.

If you have any questions when you get to the point of install, hit me up.

-Scott

Thanks man yeah I saw that people where saying you could run oil line from the head to, my 20g is fed off the head. That's a far way to rout a line LOL thanks for the help dude

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back