The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Holset hx35 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Joker

Probationary Member
Aug 22, 2011
Owasso, Oklahoma
Ok I don't have a Dsm but I've lurked around here for a little while now. I know you guys have the most knowledge when it comes to holset turbos on gas motors and fabrication. I recently acquired a 8 blade hx35 and I need to change the wastegate setup. Do they all interchange? Here are some pictures. I really want to make the wastegate parallel to the turbo because the current setup will hit my hood if I leave it like this LOL. This is going in my 86 dodge Omni glht.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332868747.701494.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332868747.701494.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 59
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332868773.137743.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332868773.137743.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 50
Pm jusmx here or questions for justin he will be able to answer your question quicky, and than has more than enough information for you.

i have a banks big head adjustable wastegate on there now. i was gonna see about making a stock turbo dodge one work. i figured the banks big head would be worse than a stock cummins one. i really wanna stick with internal for money purposes.

My project 2g has a holset, had to get external one.

dang. yea ive never really messed with external wg setup before. all i know is that they are not cheap LOL. i may look into it. figured i can run it off where the internal puck is. but if some custom hack job internal wastegate setup works im all about that LOL. :sneaky:

Factory wastegate on that turbo will never be enough to control boost on a gasoline application unless you're looking to make 35psi. You should be using an external gate off the manifold.

I wouldn't say that. I run a stock internal gate on my HY with a holset actuator, and it has ROCK SOLID boost control at 19psi, maybe even less with a different actuator.

I've got this actuator I found In my shop off a mitsu turbo from an 89 lebaron turbo. I think I may try to make it work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back