The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

holset hx35 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpmxrider489

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 4, 2010
pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I've been searching turbos and what not but I see in the dyno challenge the hx40 put down over 600. From what I was told the hx35 wont. My goal is 600. I know that's a big jump. But from what I read, the hx35 will put down 600 with a twin scroll. I know extreme psi sells the BEP hot side for the hx40 for mhi flange and t3. Can the mhi put down 600. I have a fp manifold and want to keep it. I know i can get the adapter they make. Any reccomendations would be great. I have all the supporting mods. I'm building my motor over the winter im just trying to figure this turbo stuff out. Heres what I read. Can the hx35 put 600?

HX35:

The 8blade hx35 has a 56mm compressor inducer. This is found on 1995-1998 cummins manual pickups. The compressor flows 52 lb/min according to the compressor map. The bolton BEP housing (0.55 a/r) is enough to push the limit of the compressor. There's several 500whp 8blade hx35 cars out there with the bolt on housing. It reaches 20+psi by 3500rpms in 3rd with 272 cams. Smaller cams would equal a faster spool speed in most cases.

The 7blade hx35 has a 56mm compressor inducer. This is found on the 1999-2002 cummins manual pickups. The compressor flows 60lb/min according to the compressor map and logged results from a member here. The bolton BEP housing with the hx35 turbine wheel do not SEAM to have enough flow to really reach the potential of 60lb/min. But many have logged over 50lb/min so far and seen 500whp. The stock hx35 12cm^2 twinscroll turbine housing is a t3 flange housing. This mated to a NON-divided runner manifold has produced a 132mph trap speed with a full weight 1g AWD. This is about 600whp. So the flow is there with the stock housing if you use a non-divided manifold. The spool speed of the 7blade hx35 is similar to the 8blade hx35 with 20+ psi by 3500rpms in the bolton housing and by 4000rpms with the stock housing with a non-divided manifold.

I disagree that you need a perfect tune to hit 400awhp on an E3-16G.

Certainly not typical results however, but would not require a ton of mods. Good Fuel, a little work in the way of VE, spike the boost and let her eat.

I had my 14B with minimal mods slinging out 32-35lbs/min (confirmed with an Evo8 MAF) on a regular basis in the winter with 70-90 times in the 2.0-2.2sec range in my old 2850lb FWD 5MT Laser. Including my 300lbs.

you can for sure make 600 with the hx35,
I don't think anyone's posted a 600+hp dyno sheet for a HX35 just yet. ;)

Not saying it isn't possible, just saying it's not a "sure thing" as you're making it seem.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back