The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Holset H1E Oil Feed Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gst18

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2005
Madison Heights, Michigan
I'm in the process of having my H1e installed in a few days. I am not familiar with oil feed and oil return line fittings for these turbos.
If anyone can tell me what lines i need to buy with the correct thread sizes from the turbo to the oil housing.
Its going on a 7 bolt 4g63.

Thank you

Do you know the actual fitting sizes? I want to build my own since im running a custom manifold which extends out further... therfore i will need a longer feed and return line.
If anyone can give me the information on thread sizes for the holset and for the filter housing i would appreciate it.

Thank you

I called a cummins distributor and they told me all the information they had... For ex. Comp/Turbine wheel size, Ind. Exd. but they couldnt find out the line fitting sizes.

Take the turbo to a hydraulic/fitting shop and have them try a bunch of fittings. I did this with my HX-35 and the turbo feed fitting came out to M12x1.5 but it might be different because my turbo is a HX-35 and not a H1E.

Call Nick at theturbo trader. They are more than willing to give you the appropriate size. The return flange from the trubo is a standard T3.
The oil feed I belive is like TimG says M1.25x1.5

If you go to http://www.holset.co.uk and go to parts and service I am sure that you should beable to find the manual. Incase you can not here it is http://www.holset.co.uk/pics-related/4_4_1-service repair manuals/H1C-D-E-H2A.exe it is a compressed file that extracts to a pdf file.

Good luck on the H1E, I should have all my parts from theturbotrader early next week :):):):):):):)

Sweet, thanks for all the help guys. I found out the the thread fitting is a 3/8. I went to a local Advanced Autos and was able to try their brake fitting/brake lines. It came out to be a 3/8 line. Does this mean its a 3/8 npt?

By the way where can I find a fitting that is 90 degrees and has a 1/4 npt on one side and a 3/8 npt on the other?

Thanks again

Sweet, thanks for all the help guys. I found out the the thread fitting is a 3/8. I went to a local Advanced Autos and was able to try their brake fitting/brake lines. It came out to be a 3/8 line. Does this mean its a 3/8 npt?

By the way where can I find a fitting that is 90 degrees and has a 1/4 npt on one side and a 3/8 npt on the other?

Thanks again

I was wondering if you ever confirmed whis? Im trying to find one for my WH1E and dont feel like dragging it down to different shops.

I found out the the thread fitting is a 3/8. I went to a local Advanced Autos and was able to try their brake fitting/brake lines. It came out to be a 3/8 line. Does this mean its a 3/8 npt?

Thanks again
You're referring to the 3/8" tube flare fitting that threads into the turbo. You'll never find anything that converts from 3/8" tube to 1/4" NPT.

Remove the tube flare fitting that is threaded into your turbo to reveal a 12mm x 1.5 thread with a recessed groove for an o-ring.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back