The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

hole in compressor housing (pics) ???? pte 50 trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arash15

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 1, 2004
LONG BEACH, California
i was taking off my waste gate today and i found this hole where the threaded hole is used to conect the wastegate to the compressor housing (second pic). the red circle illustrates the hole in the housing. what should i do? how can i fix this?

Attachments

• MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 843
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 839
99gst_racer said:
With the bolt in there, does it leak? If not, then I wouldnt even worry about it....

i dont know if it would. im guessing it would. i havent installed the turbo yet. i was just porting the hell out the turbine housing and i noticed it. i jb welded it and threw some silicone on on the bolt and threads. im hoping it will work.

i second that, it wont leak, i've seen dozens of turbo's like this. some w/ bolt holes from wastegate mounting brakets. if you use the right threaded bolt it wont be a problem.

Devicex said:
I removed the bolt and put some teflon sealant on it and reinstalled the bolt, no more leak.
Exactly what I was going to suggest.

If the housing is brand new, I would be contacting PTE and requesting a replacement if at all possible. PTE does have an employee who is a frequent around here. If you would like his user ID you can PM me and I will send it to you.

Ya thats how most garett covers are just a little teflon tape will be fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back