The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

HKS turbo timer type-1

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_GSX01

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2011
La Junta, Colorado
My turbo timer is beeping on and off when i drive my car. I dont know what the problem could be but its hooked up right i checked twice. When i turn the car on it will start beeping when i drive it or if I just turn the car on with engine off? I haven't found any forum on this. Any help is great thanks.

Does it start timing down or just beep? Mine has always worked perfect, I know you said its wired correctly but I would start there if its not working correctly.

It dont start a count down when i shut the car off it just shuts off. And if the cars on it beeps like its counting down. It also does this when i drive. I checked all the wiring and diagrams again. I dont know what this problem can be.

Also how did you hook your turbo timer up?

I just got back in the house from outside and looking at my RPM signal wire and speed sensor wire. I looked at the instructions i used and that came with the turbo timer and i think they might be wrong. But the RPM wire is hooked to pin 4 on the ECU. And the speed sensor is hooked to pin 7 on ECU.

I uploaded a picture of the pins i hooked up.

Attachments

• ecu pins.jpeg
    ecu pins.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 665
Ok i will do that to make sure. Do you know of any websites i can look on?

I found a pin layout on here. My picture from my HKS turbo timer matches the ECU layout i think. I am sure i double checked and also had a friend check. He said it looks good. Do these look like the right pins? Also let me know if it matches my picture i posted before in the picture above. Thanks.

pin 89 is the Crankshaft position sensor. A blue/white wire.
pin 86 Vehicle Speed sensor.A yellow wire.

Attachments

• blue pins.jpg
    blue pins.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
I have this timer and mines fine. Did you connect the correct hand brake wire to the switch under the center console! Its been such a whioe since i did this i dont remember alot but im oretty sure the silver wire/grey is for the hand brake. Mine worked perfect first time even hooked upto the ecu.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back