The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

HKS Turbo Timer install with factory alarm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED&BlackGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2004
oklahoma city, Oklahoma
Ok, I have searched and came up with nothing. I have noticed that Greddy is the only company that makes a turbo timer harness for a 1g with factory alarm. I own a HKS type ??? I don't know which turbo timer I have, Im not sure if its a type -0 or a type 1. I got it used, and he was'nt forsure. I checked online and both the type o and type 1 look the same. Anybody have the wiring descriptions for either one of the TT. I have a feeling its a Type 1, because there are a few other wires coming off of it , plus the white harness plug. anybody ever install one of these in a 1g with a factory alarm, if so...help me please.

RED&BlackGSX said:
Ok, I have searched and came up with nothing. I have noticed that Greddy is the only company that makes a turbo timer harness for a 1g with factory alarm. I own a HKS type ???

Nope. Blitz has harnesses for 1Gs as well.

Ok, found the install page...I installed the Type 1 timer, but I did'n hook up the RPM,speed signals wires. The TT counts down, but the car turns off after you turn it off with the key... does this timer need the other two wires to make it run. Also, I have a greddy harness, there are a red and green wire with bullet connectors on them...its written in japenese, and I can't translate the directions. Anybody know what those are?..

Scan the Greddy diagram and post it here. I can read Chinese so I can read enough of it to figure out what the Japanese says.

If the car turns off with the key then you got something not hooked up right.

The rpm signal wire depends on your timer. Is it an auto timer? if so that's how the timer sees how hard you've been driving the car and sets the cool down time accordingly.

If the timer doesn't have any way of seeing how hard the car's been rev'd how is it going to know what to do?

I know the Greddy timer can do both... auto or manual. If you set the timer in manual mode, it doesn't need to know how hard the car's been reving. It just counts down to whatever preset time you program into the timer.

PaulPDX said:
Scan the Greddy diagram and post it here. I can read Chinese so I can read enough of it to figure out what the Japanese says.

If the car turns off with the key then you got something not hooked up right.

The rpm signal wire depends on your timer. Is it an auto timer? if so that's how the timer sees how hard you've been driving the car and sets the cool down time accordingly.

If the timer doesn't have any way of seeing how hard the car's been rev'd how is it going to know what to do?

I know the Greddy timer can do both... auto or manual. If you set the timer in manual mode, it doesn't need to know how hard the car's been reving. It just counts down to whatever preset time you program into the timer.

Thanks for replying, but how could I not hook it up right. I used a harness, its plug n play. Im just confused on the red and green wire. I don't have a scanner right now, but im sure you can find something online. I hooked up the ebrake wire, ground, and harness. as far as being an autotimer, im not sure. I have figured out its an HKS Type 1 Silver. I will read about the timer

RED&BlackGSX said:
Thanks for replying, but how could I not hook it up right. I used a harness, its plug n play.

Well you said the car turns off when you pull the key out didn't you? shouldn't the car keep running after you pull out the key until the count down is done?

don't have a scanner right now, but im sure you can find something online.

You're the one who needs help. I ain't the one who needs to do the legwork.

PaulPDX said:
Well you said the car turns off when you pull the key out didn't you? shouldn't the car keep running after you pull out the key until the count down is done?

You're the one who needs help. I ain't the one who needs to do the legwork.

your right. i tried to find something, but could'nt. the only thing I did not hook up are the red and green wires on the harness. I did do some research and found that my harness is for a car with a factory alarm, which I have.. The turbo timer counts down. Im pretty sure it does'nt need the RPM signal and speed signal to make it work right, but I will finish installing those this weekend and see what happens.

k, i installed the rpm and speed signall...still does'nt work, plus the rpm, an speed is off alot from my other guages.

You might want to check if you connected the wire to the e brake cable. Good luck..

Did you guys every figure out a solution? I have the hks type 0 , connected to my 1997 gsx . I have the harness , everything related to the turbo timer works fine , but I can't arm my alarm until the car shuts off . Yesterday my alarm started going crazy, I have a feeling it might be something to do with my TT . Everytime I get out of my car after driving it , the alarm goes off . It's also happened to me once after I closed my hood . I have the stock alarm , and the remote panic button doesn't stop it , nothing stops the alarm . I tried locking and unlocking the car . Also tried the panic button . I tried opening and closing the hood , opening and closing the doors . I tried inserting the key into the ignition and nothing . Also I noticed you could hear a really somewhere inside the car ever since I installed the turbo timer .

I bought the hks mt6 harness , that's what I connected to bypass the ignition .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back