The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

HKS SSQV appears to be leaking under light throttle or cruise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsbllfit7

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2009
Salem, Oregon
So i have a recirculated hks SSQV and it appears to be leaking during light throttle conditions. When I begin driving it will sound like a whoosing sound (not loud but distinct) coming from the right side of the engine bay. It is also somewhat hesitant to get going until i really mash the pedal and the car begins to take off (i assume the bov fully seals at this point). Wondering what to look for or what can be done to this bov to make it seal better at all times. This is on a completely stock 2g awd on a t25. My only boost leak tester is for a 3 inch inlet so i need to create a new one to work with this turbo.

My only boost leak tester is for a 3 inch inlet so i need to create a new one to work with this turbo.

Great! Let us know what you find.

You might also have better success if you build your BLT to fit your lower intercooler pipe, instead. Charging up the compressor inlet with a cold engine that is not experiencing any oil pressure/flow never netted reliable results for me. That and intercooler pipe diameter changes less often than turbo inlet diameter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back