The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Highest HP 2g DSM Va, DC, and MD check in!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95eclipser

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2006
Manassas, Virginia
Hey guys like the title says. I'm looking to see who is holding the record for highest hp DSM in Va, DC, MD. I live in Northern Va so i had to included MD ,and DC.

Basically post a dyno graph, and or video proving your hp numbers # or i cant take you seriously.

-stock motor
-built motor 2.0 , 2.3, 2.1
-E85, c16, Q16, water meth and pump doesn't matter post whatever numbers you have.

I wanna know what numbers i have to beat to take the record. not trying to sound cocky, just looking for some friendly competition.

Also if you could. Mods and what type of dyno you used would be great to know.

Thanks Drew

Now why would we want to post our numbers up so you can top us? Are you currently in the build process or about to start a winter project?

Now why would we want to post our numbers up so you can top us? Are you currently in the build process or about to start a winter project?

Yes you are correct, I have been building my eclipse for about year now. And if everything go according to plan i should be hitting the dyno with the new gtx35r by the beginning of summer.

and i want to know who the top Dog is :thumb:

got me with a 35r! sounds like you will have a nice setup with supporting mods.

I know of a couple 2Gs in this area that have put down 550-650 AWHP. But not many 2gs.
...i just read BBrooks signature on another forum, he's in VA and his signature said 1016 HP 2.0l '95 talon.

Good luck

I know of a couple 2Gs in this area that have put down 550-650 AWHP. But not many 2gs.
...i just read BBrooks signature on another forum, he's in VA and his signature said 1016 HP 2.0l '95 talon.

Good luck

I believe the 1000+ car was one that he had tuned it wasn't his car. But i could be wrong.

and Gooberlog you know are dyno reads low so i know i wont make that much hp with my setup. I think 700 is possible.

I believe the 1000+ car was one that he had tuned it wasn't his car. But i could be wrong.

and Gooberlog you know are dyno reads low so i know i wont make that much hp with my setup. I think 700 is possible.

Yeah i found out from a friend tonight that high HP talon wasn't his, but it seems that the owner is still in the MD VA DC area according to the post above ^. Sounds like 1,016 may be your goal to beat.

Everyone's dyno reads low. LOL. I've never been to a shop with a dyno who doesn't claim their dyno reads low. It is what it is. Ken has the HP record for the area. 1/4 mile time not even close though. There's a couple of us into the 9s. Are you asking about 1G or 2G? Thread title says 2G but your post just says DSM.

Also depends if you want to count cars in their current state, or their has-been states. There are several cars that have been parted out since they made their numbers or passes. Or they are on different setups now that are slower. Ken's car is half parted out these days I'm pretty sure.

Everyone's dyno reads low. . I've never been to a shop with a dyno who doesn't claim their dyno reads low. It is what it is. Ken has the HP record for the area. 1/4 mile time not even close though. There's a couple of us into the 9s. Are you asking about 1G or 2G? Thread title says 2G but your post just says DSM.

Also depends if you want to count cars in their current state, or their has-been states. There are several cars that have been parted out since they made their numbers or passes. Or they are on different setups now that are slower. Ken's car is half parted out these days I'm pretty sure

I know i said 2g's but 1gs are allowed also. If kens car is still around then i guess he takes Maryland, And i will just come back to Va. I know brad brooks is down in this area, but iv only seen his gsx claim 600hp or something like that.

and i see your making over 610 Dave! so your on my list too. haha but seriously its a bet i have going on at work i'm trying to win a case of redbulls from my tuner.

Andrew

I think Brads car that he had for sale was something like 660hp.

As for the dyno reading low, there two people at that dyno day that had dynoed near 100 hp more on a different dyno, so i think that dyno reads extra low LOL. I was still happy with my dyno #s that day all things considered. I think i'll head to ISP to hit the rollers once i get my engine together and throw some more boost at it. I'll be happy with anything near 500 until i go T3, so i'm not running for top dog status LOL.

As for the dyno reading low, there two people at that dyno day that had dynoed near 100 hp more on a different dyno, so i think that dyno reads extra low LOL. I was still happy with my dyno #s that day all things considered. I think i'll head to ISP to hit the rollers once i get my engine together and throw some more boost at it. I'll be happy with anything near 500 until i go T3, so i'm not running for top dog status LOL.

Ya are dyno is a dream killer that for sure. But you made surprisingly good power that day. Actually we had an evo in today who had x2 amount of mods you had and only made 350hp with an fpred, i think you came close to those number did'nt you?

Ya are dyno is a dream killer thats for sure. But you made surprisingly good power that day. Actually we had an evo in today who had x2 amount of mods you had and only made 350hp with an fpred, i think you came close to those number did'nt you?[/QUOTE]

Ya are dyno is a dream killer that for sure. But you made surprisingly good power that day. Actually we had an evo in today who had x2 amount of mods you had and only made 350hp with an fpred, i think you came close to those number did'nt you?

Ya are dyno is a dream killer thats for sure. But you made surprisingly good power that day. Actually we had an evo in today who had x2 amount of mods you had and only made 350hp with an fpred, i think you came close to those number did'nt you?
[/QUOTE]

what dyno is this? I assume it's gotta be a mustang, dyno dynamics, or land and see. All dynojets of the same models read the same.

Brad's car made close to 700whp. My car made 610 whp, but that was like 3-4 years ago. It's probably close to ~700ish these days, but with the auto trans in it now, it will never really read a true comparable number. Car weighs in at 3200 lbs on MIR's scale and goes 139mph trough 26" tires and an auto trans, so I'm pretty sure there's some decent power there.

Everyone says ISP's dyno reads low too, but I don't see it. Every car I tune on that dyno that goes to the track runs exactly what it should for the power it makes. I've had several cars on multiple dynos to verify that multiple dynojets read the same. I had a customer once that went to 3 different dynojets in one single afternoon and every dyno made with ~5whp of each other.

I think what it comes down to is these days everyone is so conditioned to everyone else's lies and should'ves and could'ves that they stop seeing reality and see everything as what everyone else says is supposed to happen. People on the internet say car should make this much but it didn't, so must be low reading dyno. problem solved.

Last edited:
what dyno is this? I assume it's gotta be a mustang, dyno dynamics, or land and see. All dynojets of the same models read the same.

Brad's car made close to 700whp. My car made 610 whp, but that was like 3-4 years ago. It's probably close to ~700ish these days, but with the auto trans in it now, it will never really read a true comparable number. Car weighs in at 3200 lbs on MIR's scale and goes 139mph trough 26" tires and an auto trans, so I'm pretty sure there's some decent power there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooberlog View Post

Everyone says ISP's dyno reads low too, but I don't see it. Every car I tune on that dyno that goes to the track runs exactly what it should for the power it makes. I've had several cars on multiple dynos to verify that multiple dynojets read the same. I had a customer once that went to 3 different dynojets in one single afternoon and every dyno made with ~5whp of each other.

I think what it comes down to is these days everyone is so conditioned to everyone else's lies and should'ves and could'ves that they stop seeing reality and see everything as what everyone else says is supposed to happen. People on the internet say car should make this much but it didn't, so must be low reading dyno. problem solved.

Ptuning has a dyno dynamics system.

And as far as brad brooks car goes i've only seen videos of his car claiming a lil over 600hp on E85. never saw a dyno sheet or time slip. so who knows, I never knew him personally but have heard mostly good things.

Ptuning has a dyno dynamics system.

And as far as brad brooks car goes i've only seen videos of his car claiming a lil over 600hp on E85. never saw a dyno sheet or time slip. so who knows, I never knew him personally but have heard mostly good things.

Yeah he knows his shit. He's a close friend of mine. I forget the exact number, but I want to say it was like 685 or so last time on the dyno. GT35R on E85.

Yeah he knows his shit. He's a close friend of mine. I forget the exact number, but I want to say it was like 685 or so last time on the dyno. GT35R on E85

Ya my setup is very similar. I plan to hit the dyno with my 2.3 and gtx35r and Q16 or water meth haven't decided yet.
looking to make a 650hp or higher

Ya are dyno is a dream killer thats for sure. But you made surprisingly good power that day. Actually we had an evo in today who had x2 amount of mods you had and only made 350hp with an fpred, i think you came close to those number did'nt you?
[/QUOTE]
Yeah i put down a max of 350 that day. That is with low compression (100-110 across the board), 28 psi on the HX35, and a rough street tune. Like i said i was happy all things considering. Guys with my same set up and a strong engine have seen upwards as high as 504 AWHP though. This is why i decided it was time to build the block.

I am far from parted out guys!:sneaky: Ive been making alot of progress in the past month but I want to get a couple other things ironed out before i post up pics and a full update thread.

Good luck to you on making the biggest numbers in the tri-state area. Weve got some pretty stout cars and alot of guys that dont like to share what their true setups have made. Dyno numbers are a good bragging right but like Dave said...if you cant put it down and turn some good ET/MPH #'s its not really much to show for.

I am far from parted out guys!:sneaky: Ive been making alot of progress in the past month but I want to get a couple other things ironed out before i post up pics and a full update thread.

Good luck to you on making the biggest numbers in the tri-state area. Weve got some pretty stout cars and alot of guys that dont like to share what their true setups have made. Dyno numbers are a good bragging right but like Dave said...if you cant put it down and turn some good ET/MPH #'s its not really much to show for.

Hey man, looking forward to seeing your new setup. lov those vid's you posted awhile back.

iv been going through the dyno challenge thread. Its starting to look like there are a lot of high hp DSM In northern Va, MD. And i know how sneaky everyone is around here. Hopefully i can pull something out last min.

if your ever in need of a awd dyno give me a call at the shop. I would like to see what numbers you put down on our dyno. :)

703-257-1728

good to hear with all your other projects you haven't left the DSM behind... are you picking up where you left off with it or doing a different kind of build? I hope this time you have a trans that can handle the power? kindof a shame the old 1000whp got crippled by a stock trans.

Yea changed the setup pretty extensively. 10x 2200cc FIC injectors(full methanol), Front facing manifold out the bumper, Aeromotive mechanical pump and ofcourse a superduper Kiggly built 2g auto trans.

Figure with the auto trans it will delete driver error:coy: and ofcourse handle way more then that stock trans did.

Yea changed the setup pretty extensively. 10x 2200cc FIC injectors(full methanol), Front facing manifold out the bumper, Aeromotive mechanical pump and ofcourse a superduper Kiggly built 2g auto trans.

Figure with the auto trans it will delete driver error:coy: and ofcourse handle way more then that stock trans did.

wow i didnt think you change your setup that drastically. are you still running the same turbo tho?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back