The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

High Timing and High Phantom Knock

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aphix

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 14, 2008
Salina, Kansas
I finally got my OP2.0 cable and ecuflash setup going, started to log on evoscan and found myself with high counts of knock.

>8 at idle, and upwards of 50 at erratic spikes while driving. I know it has to be phantom knock as the car wouldnt be moving if that was really the case. So I assumed my timing was getting pulled real bad and came to find out that timing in most cases was acting fairly normal (I think?), anyways I made a log of a 2 to 3 pull from about 30 to 70 to show somebody that might have seen this or could shed some light on it.

Car is running 16g @ 10 psi currently on the stock fuel system.

I attached a screen shot of the 2 to 3 pull with rpm, knock sum, and timing showing; along with the actual log file.

Attachments

• evoscan 1_3_12.png
    evoscan 1_3_12.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 73
  • EvoScanDataLog_2012.01.03_15.00.50.csv
    42.4 KB · Views: 47
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back