The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

High rise spoiler. Installed. Doesn't look right.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tha Fella Dylan

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
Algonac, Michigan
The title says it all. I installed the 2gb high rise wing after removing the 3 piece one from my 1998 eclipse. I searched everywhere for the specs on where to install it as close to possible to oem. After all my work and covering up the million holes from the previous spoiler it doesn't look right. I'd post a pic but don't know how to. My question is: does anyone have those specs by any chance?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My concern was I placed the spoiler too far forward. I went off a screen capture from a youtube video to be honest. Lined up right so its not crooked or anything. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
im glad i came across this. im interested in swapping the 3 piece spoiler for the high rise. only problems is the only oem high rise spoiler for sale is white and my car is black, and second i dont have any experience with welding so i wouldnt know what to do with covering holes.

but def a project i plan on doing soon.

You should have switched over to the high rise spoiler when you had your car repainted, it would have made things much easier.

i dont have any experience with welding so i wouldnt know what to do with covering holes.

Welding is easier then most people think. If you have no experience in it I would take some thin spare metal and drill some holes that are the diameter or the holes in your car and just spot weld then shut. Then when you go to your car grind or sand a little area of paint away so you have a clean place to weld on. Then grind your welds flush use body filler sand and paint. Not to hard at all.

For those who are considering doing it, it's not hard at all. The most difficult part is figuring out where to drill the holes. Me and my friend did the whole install in about 30 mins. My spoiler was rattle canned flat red but I shot some clear coat on it and it looks great now.

If you have any questions about installing, I'd be happy to answer.

What type of weld did your uncle do, do you know? Mig, Tig, Stig, oxy acetylene? I might be able to weld it if not have a friend do it.

I've been messaged a few times about that but never got an answer out of him. He did 100% of that part, including the grinding. The whole thing was done in 2 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this exact same issue, I honestly think its just a matter of getting comfortable with a new spoiler sitting on the hatch. Another suggestion for anyone doing this would to simply buy a salvage highrise hatch. I know my local junkyard has a couple high rise wing hatches... but the rear fenders would still need to be plugged or welded shut.

I agree with everyone else....it looks good...even if it is a tiny bit to far forward its not a huge amount at all

You could always lightly use clear silicone around the base of the mounts to blend it in a little better and to waterproof it also. Did this on my 96 I had awile back and it looked good and worked perfect.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back