The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

high oil pressure and BS ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bd91talontsi

Probationary Member
Jun 20, 2007
Blacksburg, Virginia
ok so I'm fairly new to the dsm world and have a question
I was having trouble with high oil pressure and couldn't find the problem it had me perplexed then I went outside the other day and saw a belt hanging down outta the car!!! upon closer examination it turns out the balance shaft belt had broke, from the research I have done I think that is the cause of my high oil pressure, and I have no clue how long I have been driving around with the belt broken!!

ust want to know if driving with a broken BS belt could have caused any engine damage? or if I can chill and not worry about possible damage being caused to my engine!!!

from what I could find here about it It seems it wouldn't cause any damage just make the engine run a little roughly but still want to be 100% sure, any feedback will be greatly appreciated

thanks

What can I do to lower my oil pressure, it looks like my fresh engine build blew the seals on my turbo and I'm really not in the mood to be pulling the whole thing apart again. Did I miss some integral part of putting the motor together? What kinds of things cause high oil pressure? I don't think there's anything blocking my return line.

When you do the balance shaft removal port the relief valve in the oil filter housing.

I think 80-100 psi at wot is good. Anything over that is to much period.
But by 7k anything under 60psi I think is too low. Imo...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back