The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

High oil pressure after an oil change

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterfFrmMO88

Probationary Member
Apr 25, 2007
Lees Summit, Missouri
Hi. My oil pressure wire was cut when I first got the car so I have repaired it since then but the coupler still seems a little loose. But it still worked none the less. However, the other day, I changed the oil in the car and I noticed that the oil pressure is pegged on high constantly, it never fluctuates so I'm assuming its something with the guage/wiring. It also doesn't leak any oil, and the turbo still spools fine so it doesn't seem to be an actual pressure problem. Any help is appreciated.

:nono: Dont trust that stock gauge .. I wouldnt think too much into it. Buy an aftermarket electronic gauge. Your car will love you :)

Oh I know. Lol. I've been wanting some new gauges for awhile but unfortunately, I'm your average, broke, college student. I was just wanting to make sure it was only the gauge acting up. I mean, the car shows no physical signs of high oil pressure but just wanted a second opinion.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back