The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

High Idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

make sure your throttle cable didn't come un-adjusted on the intake manifold. Sometimes they slip.

Spray brake cleaner or carb cleaner on all of your air fittings and hoses. You may have a leak(s).

When I bought the car it had high idle...ill try cleaning the throttle body again...I adjusted the biss it helped but it has not enough play...it either runs or wants to stall after high rev...

Ok I read ## thread...I just realized that there isnt a gasket between my throttle body and my air intake...would that help any of this...

Spray brake cleaner or carb cleaner on all of your air fittings and hoses. You may have a leak(s).

I tried this...no leaks

make sure your throttle cable didn't come un-adjusted on the intake manifold. Sometimes they slip.

How do I kno if it came unadjusted? Like what am I looking for?

I'm having the same problem, my idle was sitting at 2500 RPM and a friend suggested I close my FIAV and that brought my idle down to around 900rpm, it took less than an hour, and was very simple to complete. Let me know if you need instructions. Now I just have to figure out how to get it down to 750rpm. Hope this helps

Do you mean between your throttle body and your throttle body elbow ??

I'm having the same problem, my idle was sitting at 2500 RPM and a friend suggested I close my FIAV and that brought my idle down to around 900rpm, it took less than an hour, and was very simple to complete. Let me know if you need instructions. Now I just have to figure out how to get it down to 750rpm. Hope this helps

Do you mean between your throttle body and your throttle body elbow ??

Yea I would love instructions please ill try anything...and yes where the elbow bolts to.the throttle hbody

Have you triend JNZTuning or ExtremePSI? They both stock the OEM gaskets.

That should work just fine. And if that doesn't do the trick, then I would build yourself a boost leak tester (if you don't already have one) and check for leaks and then will go from there.

You need to adjust your throttle cable where your cable and cruise cable go into a box on your passenger firewall. Your cable is most likely pulled tight causing your high idle, dont worry too much about your BISS right now, try adjusting the cable first, I had the same issue, fixed it in 5 min....go to post #3....http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/maintenance-repairs/373222-throttle-cruise-control-cable-setup.html the last few pics of post 3 shows the box I am talking about, undo the 2 bolts and pop the case off, follow the cable from your throttle body to where it goes into the assembly, loosen the nuts, adjust the cable so it is slightly more slack, retighten the nuts, take a look in your throttle body and make sure your throttle plate is completely closed and opens 100% when throttle is pushed to floor, should fix your problem-Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you triend JNZTuning or ExtremePSI? They both stock the OEM gaskets.

I found it on ExtremePSI...thanks!

You need to adjust your throttle cable where your cable and cruise cable go into a box on your passenger firewall. Your cable is most likely pulled tight causing your high idle, dont worry too much about your BISS right now, try adjusting the cable first, I had the same issue, fixed it in 5 min....go to post #3....http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/maintenance-repairs/373222-throttle-cruise-control-cable-setup.html the last few pics of post 3 shows the box I am talking about, undo the 2 bolts and pop the case off, follow the cable from your throttle body to where it goes into the assembly, loosen the nuts, adjust the cable so it is slightly more slack, retighten the nuts, take a look in your throttle body and make sure your throttle plate is completely closed and opens 100% when throttle is pushed to floor, should fix your problem-Gary

alright i will try that tomoro...thanks ill let u kno how it goes

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back