The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

high idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak-dsm

Probationary Member
Jun 30, 2008
anchorage, Alaska
ok when my car is totally warmed up and drive around and let off the throttle it goes directly to 2k rpm wont go up wont go down i could let it sit for 5 min if i wanted and it wouldnt go down, but if i blip the throttle really quick it will settle to about 1k then surge to 1300 back down to 1k does it like 3 times then settles to around 750-800.

it seems like its missing i tested for leaks but didnt find any mods are dsm link, 255 walbro, 660 injector, gm maft, tial bov, 3'' exhaust, fiav by-pass, new isc

also it takes like 2 cranks to get it started, not sure but would a fpr help my problem any

how long do isc's usually last cause its only a couple months old now bought it new from dsmisc.com, or what usually causes it to go bad?

Might not be bad, might just be out of adjustment. On the dodge stealth we had every couple months we'd have to readjust it so the idle would go back down to normal properties. If you open it up you should be able to screw it in and out, if you screw it all the way closed and put it back on see if it helps with your idle. I'm sure there's a vfaq on ISC, or at least there used to be. Can't tell you how they go bad and whatnot but my dad kept trying to steal my ISC off my GST since he had to keep adjusting his stealth's ISC.. Haha!

Sorry if it's not a clear description of screwing it in and out, but if you open it up you'll see what I mean.

alright ill try that, another thing when my car is idling i decided to smell the exhaust and it smells like gas im gonna say just running rich but will a car running rich cause lower vacuum

hey guys, sorry to bring back an old thread, but i didnt want to start a new one.

I recently got a 1g real cheap, in decent condition...anyway,s it has some high idle, between 1000 and 1600...i want to adjust the ISC...but, im not sure where it is?

anybody got a link to a picture or something?

haha...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back