The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G high idle/ surge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stheodore10

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 3, 2012
Hillsborough, New_Jersey
ive replaced the isc, tps, adjusted the tps, cleaned the tb, and im stumped. i start the car, the rpms stay extremely low and alomst stalls until i give it gas, then i drive it and when its idling, the rpms stay at around 2k. then a few minutes into the drive itll surge between 1.2k to 1.7k. i need help real bad

from what i know theyre stock injectors. i never changed them. also could this really be boost leak related? id say thisd have to be a pretty big boost leak

Actually yes, during my efforts to find a shop to do a boost leak test, my engine threw a p0505 code again -__-

I've been throwing a P0170 code which is a fuel trim code and my car idles kind of high as well at like 1500 rpms and as I drive it sometimes goes back to normal and it also surges at times. Not a lot it only happened a few times... any input?

Dang... my car just started the idle surge thing this past week as temperatures started to be in the low 40s :( Although, I know I have a few bad boost leaks that need some fixing.

it sounds like a vacuum leak . you should try a smoke test to find the leak .vacuum leaks will cause high idle and surging .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back