The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

HIgh idle idle surge no boost leak, blocked off fiav, tested 2g isc

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corwininadsm

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2006
Olympia, Washington
hey i have a high idle and it surged if i plug in my tps
i pressure tesed w/ no leaks
blocked off fiav
2g isc tested fine

idle was higher than with a 1g isc

ideas?

specs are in profile 6bolt swap etc

im tempted to get a blockoff plate and just use the isc screw

i rebuild my throttle body myself with new washers

is it possible that when i rebuild the throttle body that the butterfly valve doesnt make a perfrect seal even tho it bolts up perfectly and looks fine (i cant see any light through the edges.

anyone used the blockoff plate and had any good luck?
lemmie know

ohh and the idle is perfect when cold and slowly comes up as the temp goes up

I used the block off plate that blocks off the fiav and isc. When its cold its a little rough getting to idle till it warms up but if you drive it right away its fine once it warms up, just wait to adjust the biss once its warmed up mine idles smoothly at 850 now :thumb:

thanks mine idles a little rough now at cold but its atleast at 750 and then slowly coms up as the temp increases. i think im gonna try the blockoff plate now

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back