The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A High amp alternator for 420A?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cfrakes

Proven Member
Jun 6, 2021
Idaho
Looking for a high amp alternator for my 1999 eclipse RS with no luck. I'm looking for one that's over 90 amps due to the amount of power draw from my subs and other items. Anything helps thanks.

The only two options I see are 85 or 90 amp. There really isn't a market for much else but you could possibly custom order one. I'm not sure who to check with for something like that though. I will add this, I powered a 1000 watt amp and two 12 inch subs for about the first two years of ownership on mine before removing it all. That was with the stock alternator and I'm still using it. At 25 years of age it's still doing it's job nicely, and I never did have issues with it charging a 950CCA battery before I went smaller. If your current alternator is still good I would continue using it. Denso will be my replacement of choice whenever mine stops pushing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back