The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

HID retrofit expert opinion(s) needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Detail

Supporting VIP
May 28, 2003
Marietta, Georgia
Guys,
It's time. I have aftermarket 97-99 OEM headlights. Bottom line, the beam pattern with stock bulbs was horrible. I made it worse with a 35 watt plug and play system. I do not have foglights as my FMIC piping is ALL up in the way. I've been watching and learning. I'm not ready for a full blown retrofit with standard projectors (like bluredtalon). I'm highly interested in the morimoto mini approach for a few reasons.

1: I already have a full 35 watt HID kit. All I need is an H1 set of bulbs.
2: It fits in the stock reflector position quite easily. Knock the reflector out, level it, tighten the lock nut.

I've also looked at the full size ds2 kit because:

1: I have a full set of denso (prius) ballests sitting here (just need the $20 harness)
2: I have access to free phillips ds2 bulbs.

I think I'm going to pass on this kit as it will take more work to make it fit. Or will it?

OK, that said I have some questions.

1: What shroud fits best with our stock headlight? Any pictures?
2: These same the same part, but they look different. Any reason I should spend $60 more to buy from the retrofit store?

Morimoto mini h1 plus gatling $120
Amazon.com: Morimoto Mini h1 Bi-xenon HID Projectors Retrofit w/ 2.5" Clear Lenses + Chrome Gatling Shrouds: Automotive

Morimoto mini h1 $120 (no shrouds)
Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini (H1) - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source LLC

Steer me in a direction...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back