1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Hi guys! (new to DSM here, too)

Posted by joanGS, Sep 8, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. joanGS

joanGS Probationary Member

Joined Sep 6, 2020
    Finland, Europe
    Thought I'd introduce myself here. Hi! I'm Jo from Finland. I recently got my first DSM, the -98 Eclipse GS with NT 4G63, pretty much in original condition. (And as far as I could check, it hasn't been driven during winter here). I was looking to get a GSX or a GST at first, a manual one, but all everyone have been selling here are automatic ones - and since this is my first introduction to DSM I thought I'd start with NT. I'm sure it'll be enough of a challenge for me for now, ha.

So far I'm still doing maintenance, and lurking here has given me very good advice. I had trouble with high idle, but replacing the IACV helped (at least this far). I fixed overheating by doing a coolant flush and replacing radiator hoses and clamps. Replaced the spark plugs last year, and just now the timing belt, accessory belts and water pump. I'll keep filling the profile soon.

I apologise in advance if there are any mistakes in my English car vocabulary, I'll do my best LOL

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020

Street Build 347  1

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. Widgmaster

Widgmaster Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 24, 2018
    Sarnia, ON, Canada
    Welcome to the site joanGS . You should be able to find lots of information on your 98 here. Have fun.....

157  12

1969 Volkswagen Electric Cart
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

154  1

1977 Glastron Aqua Lift
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

180  1

2002 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

354  10

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT
    fwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles
  3. spyderdrifter

spyderdrifter Freelancer

Joined Jul 11, 2009
    Fountain, Colorado
    At least your NT still has a 4g63 instead of the crappy Chrysler engine we got here. In time, you could upgrade your GS with Internals from a GST/GSX and have what you want in the end. Can even do the awd swap too. Good luck.

2K  2

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  3

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  5

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    automatic · 2G DSM
  4. Dericsh

Dericsh Supporting Member

Joined Nov 25, 2002