1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Hi from Belgium

Posted by EclipseGS4G63NA, May 13, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. EclipseGS4G63NA

EclipseGS4G63NA Probationary Member

Joined May 13, 2019
    Temse, Europe
    Hi all,

When I was young I saw a car in a movie. I had no idea what car it was, but I liked it. too bad a Chinese gang shot at it and it exploded so the guy who drove the car ended up in an orange Toyota Supra...
    Later, when I played Need for Speed Underground 2 I finally found what car this was: the Mitsubishi Eclipse 2G. Since then this was my favourite car and I really wanted one.
    But: here in Belgium these cars are very rare, and if you do find one, it usually is a beaten down car with 230000km's on it. But then almost 2 years ago I found him: my dreamcar. I found this one in the Netherlands. A car originally bought by a cardealer for his son, but his son was never interested in it. So it stood in the garage for 10 years. Although I had to pay a lot, I bought it, and I have had no regrets since. It is completely rustfree and has a 4G63 n/a engine.
    Since I bought it I have been restoring it to its factory condition: a new front bumper was sprayed and fitted, a set of original Enkei 15" was reconditioned and fitted, a proffessional detailing was done,...
    I am very lucky to have found this car, and I will make sure that it will be perfect. A nice example of a full stock EU spec Eclipse that is only used when it's nice weather :)

Showcar Build 269  4

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    BLACK'98DSM likes this.
  2. arrowhead

arrowhead Proven Member

Joined Apr 19, 2011
    miami, Florida
    Very nice clean find.
    Congratulations.

Road Race Build 2K  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Welcome and congrats on the clean find! Been seeing more and more EU specs showing up on the forum which is pretty cool IMO.
    Make sure to keep your profile updated when you can and ask questions when you need, congrats again!

Street Build 974  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

901  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 1K  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

2K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 3K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  4. BLACK'98DSM

BLACK'98DSM Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2019
    Hoover, Alabama
    Same story here haha. When I saw it Paul Walker was speeding through Los Angeles (Fast and Furious). I said "man that car would look good if it were black"

Welcome and thanks for joining.

Road Race Build 4K  10  25

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

73  6

1998 Ford Mustang GT
    rwd · manual · Misc Vehicles