1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Hi everyone! Thanks for having me.

Posted by Bam, Jul 6, 2020

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Bam

Bam Probationary Member

Joined Jul 6, 2020
    Detroit, Michigan
    I'm new to the forums, but not that new to DSMs. I'm Bam and I live right outside Detroit. Ive been working on and restoring cars for around 15 years. I'm not that new to DSMs, but new to doing in depth mechanical work on them. Before, it was just basic maintenance on my first two 2G's.
    This newest 2G is the only one I have done any real work to. I recently purchased a super clean 99 GS with a rod knock for $400. I actually fixed the bad rod bearing temporarily and drove it until I found a suitable replacement engine to build. I found one already built but never really ran. I have done the engine swap and many other repairs or upgrades. I'm still running into issues, but getting closer to ironing it all out. My background is mainly SAAB and Honda. My experience with DSM is limited, but my mechanical knowledge is pretty decent.

Anyways, thanks for having me in the forums.

165  2

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    Welcome Bam. There is a wealth of knowledge on here. If you can't find it by searching (I personally use google then add "dsmtuners" to the end of the search), then post up a thread in the newbie section and we all will see how we can help. I can't think of a single member on here that isn't helpful in their field of expertise so someone here is going to be of help 99% of the time.
    Glad to have you, stick around and learn a thing or two, LOL.
    Marty

Street Build 5K  29

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    14.74 @ 117.04 · 1G DSM

1K  14

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

785  18

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 1K  7

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 6K  14  25

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.620 @ 108.460 · 1G DSM
    Bam and 98 dsm like this.
  3. 98 dsm

98 dsm Supporting Member

Joined Mar 8, 2009
    milaca, Minnesota
    Welcome bam, as stated above amazing site with awesome members! you'll get the answers you need fast.

180  4

1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

Drag Race Build 237  8

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 173  7

1990 Eagle Talon TSi
    13.805 @ 99.67 · 1G DSM
    1990TSIAWDTALON and Bam like this.
  4. Widgmaster

Widgmaster Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 24, 2018
    Sarnia, ON, Canada
    Welcome Bam .DSMtuners is the best forum there is...No question goes unanswered .Some one is always ready to point you in the right direction . If by chance you have any interior questions I will be glad to assist you. I have 45+plus years experience in this field. Again Welcome

66  1

1977 Glastron Aqua Lift
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

109  1

2002 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

284  10

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT
    fwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles
    98 dsm, 1990TSIAWDTALON and Bam like this.