The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Heyy everyone. new to dsm not to hp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buurma

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 13, 2009
Willard, Ohio
Heyy everyone, new to the dsm world but i've wanted one since i could drive. (like to think i have a dsm ### my chrysler truck was built in michigan in 99 LOLz) but anyways, used to race quads, Now i freestyle jet ski :hellyeah: but want a dsm for a car, ###### wont do much aftermarket to it just wanna drive it. :rocks:
can someone point me in the right place to learn about the differences/ pro's-con's of the 1g to the 2g ? so far i've read 2g = handles better but has crankwalk issues. 1g has no crankwalk issue and a free.er flowing head.. correct me if i'm wrong LOL

Welcome to the site. If your not going to do much for mods, you wont need to worry much about head flows etc. because thats a ways down the mod road. Also, crank walk is pretty over-rated. Yes, it does happen, but dont let that stand in the way of you getting one. I would say that if the car is just going to be your daily driver, then just go with what you like the most, personally I think the 2gb's are pure sex....:cool:

agreed ;) but if i'm looking for some hp down the road would i be concerned about that all bad c word?

so i checked out a laser rs awd today, car has a lot of mods, i drove it and thought, geeze there's crazy turbo lag, but as soon as she spooled up she took off. pulled up to a light and the idle was surging from 800-1500. dude said it had a buncha a/m stuff on it, evo turbo- ported? busher fmic. pocket logger thing. Shepard Racing stage II trans. busher afpr and aem air fuel guage, and autometer boost/vac gauge, its a sweet ride but kinda sketchy for me ### for one i dont know half of what this car can handle, but would love to learn if someone could teach me, gonnna look at a stock 2g gsx tomorrow

only bad about the laser i saw was it looked like someone threw it together, stuff was hosed clamped in place (coolant reservor ect) and maaaddddd zip ties holding wires up, and then there was wires hanging in places, it was just wierd. there were no shrouds on anything, you could look where the air filter was supposed to be and you saw ground.. any opinions or should i just walk away?
on a mechanical/fabrication i'd say i'm a 7 out of 10 on skill. (work in a machine shop)

hope the three diamond gods shine light me hahahaha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back