The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 1G Hey what is this hose here on the intake manifold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juntjoo

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 12, 2011
fort myers, Florida
It goes to the master break cylinder I think.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
... here.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
is there a book or site that concisely and simply through how this car works perhaps without diagnostic and repair work that anyone knows of?

Last edited:
K thanks

Because of my idling issue I have to steady the gas pedal and holding it at 1k rpm the vacuum gauge reads 15 Hg, and it's supposed to be between 17-22.

According to Haynes there are a lot of possible causes for low and/or greatly fluctuating idling but I just wanted to see some of your opinions on this. Thanks.

I think I'll check compression...

Compression great. 180-190psi.

And with good compression ignition timing shouldn't be the issue right?

No, they have pretty much nothing to do with each other. Your compression can be factory spec but if your base ignition timing is set incorrectly it can cause the car to run like crap. If your timing is 0 or negative you will be lacking some power. If you set it too far advanced you can run into issues with knock, and the computer not being able to pull enough timing to save the motor.
Aim for 5 degrees btdc.
I forgot to add, you need to take care of the idiling problem before setting your base timing or there's basically no point. You need to recheck all the clamps, if the idle is surging you probably have a series of small vac leaks.

Oh, well the only reason why I was considering the timing was something along the line towards troubleshooting my bad idle-to-die issue. but if timing is causing the issue, and you can't test the timing with the idle problem... And I can't because the car will die. So hopefully timing isn't my main problem.

According to the Haynes manual, the idle should be from 550rpm to 750rpm when you start the base timing procedures. From personal experience if the timing is set on the retarded side it will idle slower, but it wouldn't cause it to be erratic like you've described.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back