The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Hey, I'm new

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beatshack

15+ Year Contributor
May 19, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta_Canada
Hey, I just bought my first DSM.. have been considering a talon for a while now, but haven't actually got one till today.. just a 94 ES, my new daily driver.

I used to own a Merkur XR4Ti, which was fast, and fun but I ended up putting too much time and money into it, being an 80's turbo car.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to the DSM community.

Welcome, and could you provide a picture of some sort of that car? I don't know that I've ever heard of such a thing..

turbolaserAWDrs said:
Welcome, and could you provide a picture of some sort of that car? I don't know that I've ever heard of such a thing..
Kinda cross between an excort and a rustang...

Attachments

• 250px-Merkur_XR4Ti.jpg
    250px-Merkur_XR4Ti.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 296
Hahah interesting car choices... My dad bought a XR4Ti in 86 i believe, drove it, and loved it, until 93 in which some douche ran through a red light into him... totalled the car. Then he went out and bought a 93 Eclipse GSX new... haha yeah thats right, 155k and 12 years later, i'm rebuilding the hell out of this car. (by the way, now he owns a WRX... see a pattern?)

hehe yeah they are a lot of fun to drive.. 195 ft/lb stock.. add 3" turbo back exhaust w/no cat and a big intercooler and u see those numbers jump real high.

I too am new and used to drive a turbocoupe...the wonders of the fox body :D

Hi, welcome to the community. And nice choice in year/make.. :D :talon:

heheh thanks.. i love the style of the 94's over all other years of talons.. kinda wish it was a FWD TSi but oh well.. there is a guy in my city who specializes in turbo'ing DSM.. i might pick his brain and see if its worth the time/money... maybe run 6 or 7psi.

well after owning the 94 ES automatic for a while, and loving how it looked, just not loving how slow it was, i got a 1990 TSi 5 speed... man its funny it doesnt even feel like the same car (handling too).

i notice these cars like to dip in the rear end on acceleration so the first thing i'm doing is suspension.. any sugestions for some good coil-overs that arent too pricey?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

beatshack said:
heheh thanks.. i love the style of the 94's over all other years of talons..
92'-94' are the same, 90'-91' are the most unique and best looking. :D Welcome.

that thing is cllleeaaannnn.... Ill give you my car plus uhh let's see I have a total of 107.89 dollars to my name... meh meh?

wow your car looks pretty clean for the years.. is it really clean as it looks in the pics? I love the 1g pop ups.. it matches well with the body lines.. hopefully the previous owner took care of the motor as much as he did with the exterior.. if so.. you got a nice car to start modding.. DSMs arent always unreliable from the getgo.. all the previous owners made em that way :thumb:

^ exactly.. this car was babied its entire life.. i am the 3rd owner... its not quite as clean as the pics, theres a the scattered rock chips on the hood, and on the front lip.. other than that the pic is accurate. and its fast :)

3" exhaust, ecu (now boosts to 13psi not 11), k&n, etc... next mod will be suspension for sure

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back