The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Hey everyone, hello from minnesota! new dsm'r here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau46290

10+ Year Contributor
May 31, 2011
The Cloud, Minnesota
hey everyone i am fairly new to dsm's, have worked on em but nothing turbo or awd for that matter.

a friend recently passed away and im the proud new owner of his 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. I need some help in getting it going and think this forum will help me out greatly!

now as for me, im 24, live in central minnesota, and do concrete out of state a bit. have a family and enjoy it up here in the woods. :) fell free to ask any questions. thanks!!!

Beau

and sorry if the pictures load funny (upside down ect) ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 67
Welcome to the site amigo. I am a legal resident of Minnesota. Just stuck in Oklahoma because of the Army haha.. Born and raised in Rochester.

As far as the car goes, I would normally say get rid of the wing and yada yada yada but honestly I wouldnt change a thing if it used to be your buddies car. Just build around it and keep it in rememberence of him. Nice to meet you man and happy posting.

thanks ya guys and yeah the wing is a tab bit bulkier but kinda flows with a good side shot. def not anything to make it perform better i would imagine though, LOL. id kinda like to change the skirts but that can be a headache to find matching paint. :/ just need to figure out how to put the oil lines in for the turbo and find a lower inter-cooler pipe to pull it all together. :)

and yeah the car has t-tops in it, they are pretty nice from the inside, gives the car a one off feel. :D

thanks again though!

Whoa, t-tops! I didn't even notice them in the picture until you mentioned it. I have to say, that's the first time I've seen them on a DSM before. Pretty creative and cool, any idea how your friend did it?

Welcome to the site Beau. :)

i kinda do have a rough idea, i only seen it here n there through out the process. he had some pics on his car domain, ill try to get them over to here. they are form an older camero, or something similar i think, i need to find one seeing someone broke one out a while back apparently. they look real nice from inside.

got the turbo and mani off, detached it from the exhaust. that was as far as it was put on apparently, so im kinda curious as to how far it was worked/torn apart. got the lines of the turbo and oil pan, gonna have ones made up or ordered. just need to figure out how to get the first section on the intercooler piping (excuse me if im talking dumb there) to match up with the turbo and i think shes good to be turned over. just have a few plugs to check as well. ill get some pictures, it also looks like a engine coolant line was cut in half or something, idk whats going on with that.

....first thing in the morning is getting a chilton from the local auto parts store. ;)

thanks again guys!

As far as the car goes, I would normally say get rid of the wing and yada yada yada. . .

I like the roof I have not seen that before, but not a fan of the wing.

I don't get the problem with the spoiler. While I don't necessarily think that THAT spoiler looks that great, I think that in many cases spoilers--regardless of performance abilities--enhance the look of a lot of cars. If we just shouldn't even do anything to a car to enhance its appearance, then we might as well strip all the paintjobs while we're at it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back