The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

help ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMS40

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 15, 2009
INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana
short facts to maybe help diagnosis
i have a 95 eclipse wit a 6bolt that i bought for a project just went through the whole motor, i had it runnin and the belt slipped, so put a new head on it, than i had a mitsubishi master tech. put my timing belt on and help me with a few other things. .

now im stuck here -
when trying to crank her over it wouldnt fire, checked a few things and tried again, something blew electrically, i have no power what so ever, i checked my fuses, and the ignition fuse was blown. changed it still no luck, any ideas?

and will a 7bolt head work with 6 bolt head cams, i think this mayb a prob. as well, sorry for all the noob ?'s if there is any confusion ### let me know thank you

the cams are not a problem infact they are a slight upgrade to the 2g stocks.

so when you turn the key nothing lights up?
have you checked all the fuses in car and out in engine bay?
you could have blown a relay by the ecu like the MPI. its hard to tell like this but can you give a better description of what happens when you turn the key.

nothing at all, literally. . .
no lights, no power what so ever. .

and with the swap, will i need to have it tuned before i could any get it to start or should it still atleast fire?

thanks!

well if you just stuck on the not starting and you got power back it ###### because to didnt switch the spark plug wires for the 6 bolt swap, if you dont all she will do is spit and back fire a bit while you crank it..... it usually goes 4123 on the packs it need to go 3214 with the 6 bolt, well only if you are still runnin the 6 bolt CAS

and the no power may be the MPI fuse, it should be a 100 amp fuse that is bolted in to the fuse box.

yea i fried mine doin an o2 sensor when i hit the altenator and i lost like radio and heat and i dont believe it would start, but i know we lost it in my buddies 1g and it killed the motor, its kinda hard to see the fuse from the top of it but you may be able to tell, its one of those square top ones

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back