The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

### Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trampisjr

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 12, 2006
Grundy, Virginia
Hey everyone,
Sheww my car is such a mess...
I hope someone has had this problem and may be able to help me....I put a rebuilt engine I got from a shop in my car but now when I give it gas it wont go anywhere until it reaches about 2,000 RPM and even then it just creeps along.

I dont know if im explaning that right or if this is the right forum to post this, but thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Sounds like a hella boost leak issue. You say you just installed a new engine in it... or you missed some wires when hooking your wire harness back up. Also could be hella retarded ignition timing. I'd start there if I were you.

It sounds like when one of my couplers came off on my intercooler pipes. I would definately check all the connections from turbo to TB and like someone said above, check your wiring. Vfaq has some good wiring diagrams to refer to if needed. Good luck!

He is 420a/with turbo. So a Boost leak won't effect him like it does the 4g63 engine. The 420a uses a MAP sensor instead of a MAS.

We need a list of yours mods. Do you have a bigger fuel pump? FMU? Missing link or FCD?

I never thought of a bad boost leak....Ill need to check that....the turbo never worked right on the old engine so i put a newer rebuilt engine in it......and there is a big exhaust leak that wasnt there before.

I do have a biger fuel pump, FMU and a Missing Link....

From the advive you guys gave me I guess I shoud check everything and fix what leaks i can find and if that dont help check my timing? right?

Honestly,I'm about ready to pull turbo off. badly as I hate to say it.Its been in the shop for over a year and since im from a small town and no one knows crap about turbo ive already spent a little over 10,000 on this.
I dont have anymore money to put in it and I want to drive my car. can you blame me?

Thanks everyone I think I got it fixed now...LOL you guys REALLY know your stuff!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back