The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help With Turbos and Sizes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvolutionR

Probationary Member
Jan 3, 2005
Houston, Texas
Hello I Drive a 95 TSi AWD :talon: and i have a list of mods which you can view in my profile...but heres my problem i need a Turbo that can boost and hold more HP.. Any Ideas? i want to run between 475 and 650.. so no 16Gs.... Please Help me out.. and im also Getting a AEM EMS so if that will make a difference.. Later

:talon: Brad :dsm:

EvolutionR said:
Hello I Drive a 95 TSi AWD :talon: and i have a list of mods which you can view in my profile...but heres my problem i need a Turbo that can boost and hold more HP.. Any Ideas? i want to run between 475 and 650.. so no 16Gs.... Please Help me out.. and im also Getting a AEM EMS so if that will make a difference.. Later

No turbo can make that much power, that's crazy.

bluegs-t said:
:laugh:

wait a second, this guy has darton sleeves in a 4G63. WTF?

And he made sure to list his #4 of 6 made (eBay junk) Ralliart spark plug cover.. what is that.. 6 made in an hour? Yet your "to be bought" parts include a piece of shit pacesetter manifold and "full crank thrust bearings," yet you already have a built engine?

EvolutionR said:

Sleeved 4g? WTF? Pacesetter Mani? Good luck! :thumb:

First of all i asked for help not for you Know it all Assholes to make fun of me when you have no idea.... Second PaceSetters arent bad but no one makes a good manifold for the 4g63. If you know of one let me know. that whats im on here for to learn and yes DARTEN you have to call and get them Made but they are available. and the Ralliart Was won at a contest Through Mitsubishi.... So... Anyother comments? How about some Help this Time! Thanks DSM10Sec for a little help.

Brad :talon:

P.S. Turbo Mirage this is for cars that are and can be fast not family cars. you could put 10 grand into that and it will still never keep up. I mean unless its a Funny car. But then again Why would you need DSMTuner? :thumbdown

EvolutionR said:
First of all i asked for help not for you Know it all Assholes to make fun of me when you have no idea.... Second PaceSetters arent bad but no one makes a good manifold for the 4g63. If you know of one let me know. that whats im on here for to learn and yes DARTEN you have to call and get them Made but they are available. and the Ralliart Was won at a contest Through Mitsubishi.... So... Anyother comments? How about some Help this Time! Thanks DSM10Sec for a little help.

P.S. Turbo Mirage this is for cars that are and can be fast not family cars. you could put 10 grand into that and it will still never keep up. I mean unless its a Funny car. But then again Why would you need DSMTuner? :thumbdown

Why sleeve a 4g unless it was needed during a rebuild because of a badly scored cylinder wall that couldn't be repaired by boring it over? Darton sleeves are used on stuff like honduh blocks that don't have closed decks. Have you seen DNP manifolds? They are nice. South florida performance manifolds are nice too.

Well the shop i go to told me that i might need them because i was planning to go into and over 400hp and possibly running n2o so they said it might save me some day so i figured what the hell they were cheap anyways might as well Save my self later hassle.

EvolutionR said:

I don't want to flame you, because, quite frankly, others are doing a perfectly good job at it. Id just like to point out that, mod for mod, his mirage (which, honeslty, he has many more mods than you) will be faster than you. it weighs a lot less, and can make the same power. the only down side is that its front wheel drive, oh well.

WombatTSi said:
I don't want to flame you, because, quite frankly, others are doing a perfectly good job at it. Id just like to point out that, mod for mod, his mirage (which, honeslty, he has many more mods than you) will be faster than you. it weighs a lot less, and can make the same power. the only down side is that its front wheel drive, oh well.

Ditto

Evidently, you need to find another shop to deal with since they and you know nothing about a dsm. If either of you did, you would have known that the block and cylinders would outlast 550 hp with no concern.

You came on here sounding like an idiot so people are going to point that out. Get pissed all you want but remember, you are a newbe and we are experienced. Dont ask stupid or vague( i want to run between 475 and 650) questions and dont talk down to people that have probably forgotten more than you will ever know. Then we will have no problems.

Now, what is the intended use of the car and give a more definate hp you are looking for. Also, what is your budget? Then we might be able to give some suggestions on what direction you should go.

Well i have Unlimited Resorces so name a turbo that can push possibly 525 and id be happy with that. Btw i wasnt getting pissed i just asked for help and they Dogged me for no reason. thats not whqat this is about. its about buying parts and getting help from people who know and have learned from Trial and error.. Not some punk Running his mouth. I asked a Q i just wanted an answer and maybe some tips on how to make it better. nothing more

and by the Way sorry Mirage i didnt look into what i said earlier youd be a good race but who knows what would happen....

hey i have an aem ems for 2g with aem 3.5 sensor and aem ait,my tranny exploded from the pos bm tranny lsd insert,so im going back to stock ecu and rebuild the tranny,$1200 and ill fedex express air them to you and email u the track #

hmmmm i might do that what else do you have that you want to get rid of?

Hi,

How about the garrett GT ball bearing turbo kit from agpturbo.com.

http://www.agpturbo.com/customer/product.php?productid=29&cat=71&page=1

If you have excess to enough money you can opt for the GT35R kit ($2500) instead of the GT30 kit ($2200) they have listed. The GT35R is rated to make around 680HP. And the kit includes everything to complete.
Well, if you have enough resources, please feel free to buy me one too, just kidding.

Sven

EvolutionR said:
and by the Way sorry Mirage i didnt look into what i said earlier youd be a good race but who knows what would happen....

My Mirage went 12.0 @ 116, I don't own it anymore. My current car is my PT67 powered AWD that went 131mph 1/4 and 94mph 1/8. Obviously, you can tell I had some problems, especially since I went 12.1 ;)

Also, there are plenty of good mani's for our cars. Check out www.autolabonline.com for a really nice custom one for around $500-$600, very competitive with others pricing, except they don't crack, and have lifetime warranties.

i suggest anything from Forced Performance

green/red/3052/3065 and the list goes on...just do some research and throw in a little more detail in your posts. Might help you from the flame wars

EvolutionR said:

Ever hear of a Mitsubishi Evolution? :rolleyes: Next time go and carefully look at a Mirage and see whether you will see a little family car resemblance. His car traps 131mph and you are disrespecting him for not knowing "anything" while you are the same person clueless on what turbo to buy? Such brilliance. :thumb:

You are being "dogged" because you cannot do a simple thing called research with the simple search button.

Darton Sleeves on a 4G63 for 400HP or a little more? Geez what else are those "mechanics" advising people to do nowadays? :laugh: :(

Personally I'd go with something in the garrett GT series. The GT30R is "rated" for 500hp, the GT35R for 600.

Ive heard very good things about the FP 3065. That thing is a beast and a half....

Check this thread out...theres a clip on there of a guy's car that he just installed one in. That turbo is sick. Evil_eagle is running 11.16 sec 1/4 at 130 mph on that turbo with some internal work.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157546

ALSO - I agree...sleeves?? the 4g63 can handle a shitload on even stock internals. I think you need to bi*** at those said "mechanics" that you delt with and you may want to find someone else in your area that knows a bit more about DSMs. I'd be scared to have them work on my car anymore.....

just my $.02 :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back