The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Help with tuning issues...long

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candela

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2002
Austin, Arizona
I dont know if my knock sensor is reading off or what, but Im having a hellaof a time right now. My car was feeling very quick, running very good @17psi so I thought I would log a few runs to remember these settings...well here comes the crappy part!!

I log a run in 3rd and 4th and my knock is up to like 14-21 counts from 4500-7000...and before they were only like 2 (before I went to the track), with the same settings???????? The egt's are between 790 and 810 the whole time Im at WOT and the o2's are like .88-.90 volts. Meanwhile Im getting like 17-22degrees of timing:confused: WTF...

Im very confused right now, and having problems, because I added more fuel to see if I could bring down the knock problem, but it hasnt helped at all, after many logs and much more fuel. I don't think the car would knock if it was too rich, so I dont know whats up? And last but not leist, at 4200rpm in 3rd gear only at WOT, it feels like it hits fuel cut (and I definetly know what it feels like), and then goes back to normal.

My car was running so good before and after the track time last week, and after I logged it I went nuts. I really need some advice. Cause from what I know, the settings are good as is the logs, except for the knock?? So if it werent for that, than it would be tuned great, cause it was hauling nuts too!

This dsm stuff just drives me nuts, as Im sure a bunch of you know. Oh haha, forgot to mention...a recent compression test showed cylinder 1 and 2 exactly 150 psi each before and after adding oil ( to see if it was the rings). Cylinders 3 and 4 showed 170 psi before and after??? Im going nutts here guys:mad:

anyone...Im still having the fuel cut thing going on and it sucks. Only at wot at around 4300 rpm in any gear. Its impossible for me to tune with this and need you's guyses help;)

the mas is completely modded already and I have 550's...you think i need a 2g mas already

To avoid fuel cut you're either going to have to do the full blaha style mas or go to a 2G mas. I prefer the 2G mas, much better driveability.

Man this is just one more of those thing huh?? Im hatin life right now...
No grilfriend, no money, cars hitting fuel cut....I think Ill just go kill myself:thumb:

LOL. hang in there buddy....no killing anyone please.

Dun worry, you dun need a girlfriend...owning a performance oriented DSM is all you need to give you grief, eat your money, and #@%#@%#@%#@%#@% at you. ;)

Originally posted by TrustGs-R
LOL. hang in there buddy....no killing anyone please.

Dun worry, you dun need a girlfriend...owning a performance oriented DSM is all you need to give you grief, eat your money, and #@%#@%#@%#@%#@% at you. ;)

I keep on telling my friends that and none of them understand.

Well I turned the boost dwon majorly...only running 14psi now:mad: It stopped the fuggin fuel cut and actually isn't much slower. Just goes to show how well I had it tuned at 17psi huh:D My motor has 140k on it and its time for a rebuild. It burns oil, blows smoke and doesn't have the greatest compression (even though I still ran 12's with it!!), so I figure its about time. I don't have the money right now because I just bought wheels, so Ill take it easy on the car for a while and wait to rebuild the motor (stock inernals, maybe 2g pistons and mild head port).

I know I dont need a girlfriend, but they sure are good when you depressed about your car n' stuff! One question for you guys also. I want to post pictures of my car, but have no digital camers or any of that crap. Do you think that I could take regular pics and develop them onto a disk, and then somehow post them on here? I want to enter the contest and have everything, but photos... Later

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back