The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

General Help with Tuning (DSMChip, SAFC, MAFT) *NEWBIE*

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_ThuNDeR

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 28, 2008
Salinas, California
Hello guys,
I'm new to tuning and would like to get as much help from start to finish if possible:pray:. I have the maft 1.3v set up with the GM maf as "BLOW THRU". Here are the mods I have :

SIX BOLT SWAP (2G)
DSM Keydiver Chip set for FIC 750cc's (set for 2G maf, but now running maft)
750cc's
Maf-t (1.3V)
S-AFC
Aeromotive FPR (set at 43.5 PSI)
HX-35
9_1 Compression
AEM wideband tapped 02 sensor 24" after downpipe
EvoScan (for logging)

I've ran the car a good amount of couple of miles already after full rebuild with very LIGHT throttle %. Things start to act funny when I start to build boost and ON.

Here are some of my symtoms:
-My wideband is never steady while cruising, and idle as well. I would like to start by saying that all of my knobs are set to ZERO on the MAF-T, and also all my correction levels at zero on the AFC. Let me just say I did a MID throttle pull (building 1-7 PSI) and eventually the car would sputter. I know for most of the time, from what I've read the maf-t is for tial and error... but i def dont want to mess up the fresh build. ALSO, on cold starts the car idle starts sky high (about 2,700- 3K) and will eventually surge... once i hold the pedal for a couple mins in it will eventually idle normal and no surge:confused:

. Let me know:
1. Where my knobs should be at on the MAF-T?
2. If the afc should still be selected as "KARMAN"?
3. Is it true I want my wideband to read 14.7 for most of the time?
4. Everyone around my area has told me I could run the MAF-T perfectly even though my DSM keydiver chip was made for the 2g maf... is that true?

I would like to start from the very beguining

I know it will take time and practice, but I want to start doing these things on my own, that way I dont have to rely on a fast shop that about 2 hours away and also charge me a dam arm or leg.

Thanks guys for reading guys:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back