The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Help with tires/rims

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djelgato

Probationary Member
Jan 22, 2007
PROVIDENCE, Rhode_Island
Before I begin, let me say that this forum is great and full of information. But I searched a lot and although I found some good treads I still have some questions. I own a 1998 Eclipse gs fwd and I want to buy new rims For "street use", But I also want to buy a kit of Tokico Blue Shocks and Springs with a 1.5 drop.

Her is my first chice
18" x 7.5"
+42mm offset
225/40/18 or 215/35/18

2nd Choice
17" x 7"
+40 Offset
215/45/17

My main concern is if after the "drop" is there going to be any "rubbing", and I would like to know if a camber kit is nessesary for the front or back or both. Once again thanks and i hope i get some answers and nobody gets mad over this question. Thanks.

Before I begin, let me say that this forum is great and full of information. But I searched a lot and although I found some good treads I still have some questions. I own a 1998 Eclipse gs fwd and I want to buy new rims For "street use", But I also want to buy a kit of Tokico Blue Shocks and Springs with a 1.5 drop.

Here is my first chice: 18" x 7.5", +42mm offset, 225/40/18 or 215/35/18
2nd Choice, 17" x 7", +40 Offset, 215/45/17

My main concern is if after the "drop" is there going to be any "rubbing", and I would like to know if a camber kit is nessesary for the front or back or both. Once again thanks and i hope i get some answers and nobody gets mad over this question. Thanks.

You'll be fine with anything that's 225 or under. I have 17s x 7 with 225/45s.

Thanks for the answer, but what about the 18" rims? or shure i stay with the 17"s

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back