The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

help with throttle body in my 2G intake manifold ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rixcidia

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2007
Somewhere in BC, B.C._Canada
Hey guys will a 1G throttle body work on a stock 2G intake manifold without any modifications?

This pic i posted is the old intake manifold that is installed in my 2g and i dont think its a 2g so im replacing it with a stock 2g intake and And was hoping this throttle body that I have shown in this pic will be ok to use with the stock 2g when it comes in not sure if this is a 2g throttle body I hope so?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Rix

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a long time since I have done the 1g throttle body on a 2g . But from what I remember I had to take the 1g throttle body gasket and trace around on the manifold. Then take a die grinder to match the size difference of the 1 g throttle body to the 2g intake manifold.

Not the best picture but I think that is a RVR/EVO manifold.

That's a stock 1g manifold with a 2g throttle body.

Yes, a 1g throttle body would work without any modifications, but it won't be ideal. You'd have a 60mm throttle body opening trying to flow air into a 52mm intake manifold opening. It'd be best if you ported the intake manifold opening to match the throttle body.

You might also want to make sure you have a 2g head if you plan on putting a 2g intake manifold on there. You may have a 1g head, which would not mate up well with a 2g manifold.

Perfect thanks for the replies guys I'm very glad that this is I 2g throttle body because I just bought the 2g stock intake manifold to replace the one I had from a dsmtuners member he going to ship it out tomorrow i just did not wanna have to buy another throttlebody but glad this one will bolt right up, this engine its on is a newer 2g engine and head right now but they were from my old engine that was in my 2g when i bought it but it blew up and i replaced it with an 2G motor and im guessing that old one was a 1g head, my macanhic told me that intake manifold was a 2g but i knew something was very odd with it even the coil pack would not mount on it. I just want my car to be running with only 2G parts on it and fix the old owners mess.

Rix

if i change out my intake manifold and the throttle body does it ellminate the vaccum hose to the throttle body if i get a bigger one? or are there lines on the other throttle body... getting a magnus intake manifold and a 75 mm throttle body

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back