The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help with the 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

relicwelding

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2010
Rochester, New_York
Car starts and idles fine..starts everytime..No problems but sometimes the car will break up under load and then die...Any help would be great..I dont know what to do at this point. New alternator,battery and oil change..no leaks no burning oil..When its running the thing pulls strong and has no issues...just every now and then breaks up under load and dies...HELP

Like Hitting A Brick Wall
sounds like fuel cut, but you need to fully describe how it happens, when it happens, and what it feels like. Otherwise nobody can help you.

Im trying...Ok LOL when im driving its fine but sometimes when i start going at a light it will like breakup like crazy and shut down..I've had a couple turboed nissans and hondas and i know what fuel cut is..it doesn't really feel like that to me...Maybe I'll just tear everything out and rewire it...see if theres a short somewhere...Anybody that has suggestions let me know...I'll go out and drive it now to see if I can get it to do what im trying to describe...thanks in advance

yeah..i might as well start building the car..i have a ton of parts just not put them on yet..just got the car a coupld days ago..I traded a paintjob for it...Oh well LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back