The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Help with Rim Choice (w/ PS Pics)

Which Rim?

• Rim 1

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Rim 2

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

necrotopsy

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2010
SW, Michigan
Please choose which rim you like more.

Info:

Rim 1 is half an inch wider, and $300 cheaper.

Rim 2 is 5 lbs lighter (per rim), and made from a higher end company. also uses a dual valve stem system which looks odd if you happen to notice it.

They are both 17" rims.

Other Info:
Cheaper is better. Limited funds.
The weight isn't a big factor as my car is slow as hell and 5 lbs isn't going to really matter.
I like both rims equally on a pure looks standpoint, which is what is most important here.

*note*
I wont be color matching the side skirts. They are clear coated carbon fiber. There are only 4-5 sets of these left in existence and it would a shame to ruin them with paint. They are GSX -style- in cf to fit the avenger.

Now onto the choices:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, if you were a track guy, I'd pick the Kosei K1 TS in a heartbeat.

However, seeing that you are going for aesthetics mainly, I think the darker wheel up top looks better by far, IMHO. Those Kosei's came in that weird gray that almost looks green under some light.

I vote for #1, cheaper, wider stance, overall looks better.

I vote for the second one but it would look better in the first ones color. Just like the style of #2. If it were me though that $300 difference is huge and I would probably go with choice 1.

Guess I am not much help. Side skirts look very cool though!!

Number 1, i just feel it flows better and plus you save 300 bucks!!!

Rim 2 I think goes with the car better' just needs to be a tad bit darker.

I agree with this totally, but the rims only come in silver and that color bronze. Having them powerdocated would be out of my range at the moment.

I'd have to buy them, then have them powerdocated later.
But knowing me, i'd probably never have them coated AFTER the fact.
i tend to be like "good enough" or "the price of it isn't worth it."

I'd choose rim #2, I just like the look better. But if the cost is a huge issue for you, then by all means go with #1.

rim1 but instead do an 18 it will fill the wheel well nice and rim 1 will have more rubber for grip at a stand still off the line or more grip for lateral g"s!!!! 20lbs is 20 lbs and for 300 hundred you could quite a bit in small performance that would add up!!:sneaky:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back