The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

help with plan from across the pond

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT7

Probationary Member
May 14, 2005
walsall, Europe
OK Guys, before i start hello, well im from England and am planning to renovate my eclipse, its been stood a while (Bad i know) and i could do with advice which path is best to go, it had a oil/filter change about a year ago but im looking at full work from the bottom up, brakes, lines, pads, discs, belts etc to start with. Im looking at changing plugs and leads to as last time i was out she kicked like a mule and im sure it has something to do with the plugs (bosch 4 spark style) after reading up im more sure now, anyways ive got a list of items and prices but over here the prices are extortionate so im looking at shipping items myself if anyone could advise also, cheers for any help guys :thumb:

Definitly an oil/filter change, Plugs and wires. Belts , drain the gas tank and use fresh gas . Check the timing belt for cracks since it's been sitting . as for brakes i'm not sure what to say . You might lube the cylinders with some atf w/detergent and turn the crank by hand in case it started to lock up (fill through spark plug holes) do this before you drain the oil since you have to change it anyways. Other than that not sure . ( I did the above before i cranked mine as it sat for 2yrs) GL mate :thumb:

cheers guys, just ordered me some ngk's and replacement wires, k&n oil filter, ive priced up some ebc discs and pads, i reckon these should be ok, having a bit of trouble with finding belts though, ive found a shop here that sell belts for me by gates racing but they are quite expensive :-( any ideas?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back