The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Help With My 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kris_stewart10

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Picayune, Mississippi
Okay I got my 1g running for all of 30 seconds and it died and didnt want to run again i am having to push start it because my starter is not correctly wired so..... we pushed started it and well it ran and had a bad tick like there is no oil in the head but it was sitting up for about 2 years before it ever started again but i havent drained anything could the bad gas be making it not wanting to fire???

what would be my next few steps to get my car running

I would drain the fuel and add new fuel, replace oil for sure too, as well as the spark plugs.

If that ticking is coming from the head, then it is most likely lifter tick, which pretty much all DSMs have, so that is no big deal.

I would change the spark plugs and the wires. Also check the coil where the spark plugs connect into. Make shere there is no damage there, and it is connected.

so far i think the starter is bad because when i turn the key the starter clicks but does nothing

Kris have you replaced those vaccume lines I told you to replace? That car needs alot of TLC. I was unaware it sat for that long, but yes drain the tank and change the filter. Like I said I have a starter. We also know you have a bad ECU so you need to fix the things that we know are bad fist before you can figure out if something esle is bad. Also have you tested the injector conectors yet? Those butt conectors will not do. They need to be sodered. Once you get those things accomplished we can diagnose it properly. These guys cant really help unless you tell them everything. Omitting things will only frusterate you and prolong the time your car will be down b/c, these guys know only what you tell them.

Edit: You should have given me a call I was in Picayune today looking for parts. What hapened to the u-pull it salvage yard on hwy 11? And where is pullens rd? There is a junk yard call Pullens on that road.

well pullens doesnt sell parts anymore
and did you go to flemings off of hwy 43

but yea i fixed those vaccuum leaks and i got a new ecu shipped to me thursday and i replaced that and everything i could find but the only thing i can diagnose is to change the starter then go from there because i checked my plugs today and they were fouled and full of gas and carbon like they havent been changed but it was a fluid substance and smelled of fuel and i put seafoam in the tank and the oil hoping it would help a little bit but same thing it ran for a total of 30 seconds didnt idle and didnt build boost at all and wouldnt rev past 3 grand and i looked at my CAS and it was fully retarded and then i put it in the middle yet again hoping it would help nothing then we tried to push start again and it wouldnt run under its own power

sorry about the long message trying to get the best details for the best help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back