The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Help with *LOG* 1gb dsmlink v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b00stAdict

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 22, 2009
broomfield, Colorado
Hi there,

Here is a log i just pulled. Need some help with fine tuning. Im very new to dsmlink, although i have read all the forums and write ups in ecmlinks website, im still hesitant to touch anything. So please any tips would help.

Thanks

Mods;

Stock rebuilt motor; 6 bolt non turbo block with turbo pistons and rods, 6 bolt turbo head, stock valve train
Fmic
FP20g ported
2g exhaust mani
3" turbo back exhaust greddy muffler
FMIC
3" gm maf with translator
stock intake
boost
AEM wideband
AEM EGT
dsmlink v3
walbro 255 rewired

Not installed yet;
aeromotive afpr
fic 1000cc injectors

Attachments

• 1 good WOT pull.elg
    237.9 KB · Views: 83
You're running the stock 2g maps, which is a nice and safe starting point, but the 2g factory fuel mapping is fairly rich. To get the most out of her, you'll need to lean things out to around 11:1 afr, assuming pump gas.

Your mafcomp is zeroed out, meaning no tuning adjustments have been made, not even for idle or cruising. The ECU is not seeing an accurate measurement of air entering the engine.

It's generally a good idea to dial in the idle, then dial in cruising (both conditions are known as closed loop). Once those are looking good, move on to WOT (open loop).

For open loop, you need to log your wideband to start making the required adjustments.

Let me say it again...LOG YOUR WIDEBAND!

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/please-read-before-you-ask-for-ecmlink-dsmlink-log-advice.443297/
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/list-of-values-to-log.444831/

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, i have everything up to par as far as maintenance and leaks, i tried adjusting the mafcomp using the suggested values with dsmlink and it idled like dog poop. so i zeroed everything back out. Im sorry for the noob questions but how do i log the wideband, ive looked in the displayed values and the captured values and "wideband" anything is not an option to select. Am i missing somehting here? I have the AEM wideband located in the front o2 sensor location, also in dsmlink i changed the front o2 from wideband simulation.

Ya I had the same issues with my Autometer wideband, I canned it and bought a Innovate and logged it into the front o2 wiring and now its good. Log it then mess with your fuel. You go into ECU Direct Access then in the OpenLoopMaxOct map is where you will want to make changes. Once you log the wideband you can use your log to find where you are rich and use the track datalog button in the upper right and see where abouts you need to change. How much boost are you running? I don't know how tuning with MafT is but it shows your at 140% Injector Duty so I think you need to install your new 1000cc's.

Last edited:
ive looked in the displayed values and the captured values and "wideband" anything is not an option to select. Am i missing somehting here?

To capture the wideband signal, you must be connected to the ECU. The motor doesn't have to be on, you just need to be connected with the key in the on position. Then go to ECU Config->ECU Inputs, and under the Pin Assignment table, select the FrontO2/Connected Sensor and choose your AEM sensor from the dropdown menu. Hit Save Pin Assignments. Then Hit Captured Values and select the sensor you just assigned and move it to the captued values list and save. Once you do that, Go to Displayed Values and move it over to the display side and save.

When you say i need to lean things out, in what boxes do i adjust? and do i adjust all of them to 11:1?

The easiest way to get a decent fuel table is to take the existing factory table and set every cell that is BELOW your target afr, and raise it up to your target (11.0 in this case).

I don't know how tuning with MafT is but it shows your at 140% Injector Duty so I think you need to install your new 1000cc's.

I'm pretty sure he's using the stock maf (no translator) so there's nothing funky going on with that, but good catch! 140% IDC is waaaay too much. OP stop doing WOT pulls until you install those 1000cc's. You risk burning out the driver and damaging your ECU.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he's using the stock maf (no translator) so there's nothing funky going on with that, but good catch! 140% IDC is waaaay too much. OP stop doing WOT pulls until you install those 1000cc's. You risk burning out the driver and damaging your ECU.

OP Says he's using 3" GM Maf with translator in the first post, I still can't provide any tuning assistance there though.

OP - How much boost are you running?

To capture the wideband signal, you must be connected to the ECU. The motor doesn't have to be on, you just need to be connected with the key in the on position. Then go to ECU Config->ECU Inputs, and under the Pin Assignment table, select the FrontO2/Connected Sensor and choose your AEM sensor from the dropdown menu. Hit Save Pin Assignments. Then Hit Captured Values and select the sensor you just assigned and move it to the captued values list and save. Once you do that, Go to Displayed Values and move it over to the display side and save.

The easiest way to get a decent fuel table is to take the existing factory table and set every cell that is BELOW your target afr, and raise it up to your target (11.0 in this case).

thank you so much for the info, ill get that logged as soon as possible and post back.

I just want to make sure im understanding correctly, anything that is below 11.0, below meaning 10.5, 9.0 etc... or below the other way meaning 12.0, 13.5, etc....

I am using the 3" gm maf AND translator, and its my understanding that to the "ECU" (with the translator) it is basically showing i have the stock maf. Corect?

OP Says he's using 3" GM Maf with translator in the first post, I still can't provide any tuning assistance there though.

OP - How much boost are you running?

I have it set at 15psi, ive only done 2 pulls at WOT, i noticed that my injectors were maxed out as well, that was going to be another question but you beat me to it.

I've been looking into it and i've read that the evo maf is better for tuning and a little more consistent, more adaptable for weather changing as well.... any insight on that?

thanks again guys, greatly appreciated!!

I just want to make sure im understanding correctly, anything that is below 11.0, below meaning 10.5, 9.0 etc... or below the other way meaning 12.0, 13.5, etc....
Anything below your target (9.0, 10.5, etc.) bump up to 11. Anything above your target (12.0, 13.5, etc), just leave it alone. This should give you a decent map to work with.
I am using the 3" gm maf AND translator, and its my understanding that to the "ECU" (with the translator) it is basically showing i have the stock maf. Corect?
I would personally remove the translator and use v3 for maf control, but that is up to you.
http://ecmlink.com/wiki/v3vsmaft

I would personally remove the translator and use v3 for maf control said:
Yes this is good advice. Ditch the translator and use V3. I would think you would eventually over run the evo8 maf so I would stick with the gm maf. I've heard of people running ridiculous power through them with accuracy.

Does anyone know if his airflow is correct? 40lbs/min on only 15 psi on a 20g!? That seems really high to me!

Anything below your target (9.0, 10.5, etc.) bump up to 11. Anything above your target (12.0, 13.5, etc), just leave it alone. This should give you a decent map to work with.

I would personally remove the translator and use v3 for maf control, but that is up to you.
http://ecmlink.com/wiki/v3vsmaft

Sweet man, appreciate it! ill have to mess with this when i get some time. Ill also look into the cable for the gm maf to the harness. You guys have been great help, thanks so much!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back