The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

help with fuel set-up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domenico_169

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 17, 2002
Edmonton, Alberta_Canada
hey guys... dont get mad ive searched quite a bit and ive read up on it but i hear so many ups and down, and i hear alot of stuff for awd. i have fwd and you can check my profile for my current mods. what i wanna know is, what should i do in regards of fuel, i know i need a fuel pump, so i am gonna go a walbro 190 from ebay with install kit for 82 bucks, i know i am gonna need bigger injectors and an afc. but heres the thing, i just need some injectors that will suit what my current mods are now, cause i dont plan on going bigger turbo or anything. and i also want to know what is a cheap afc to go with. i kwow most of you guys use the s-afc but i am cheap, well not cheap, but in school. so anyway i wanna know whats the best thing i could do for the money. also if you guys have any other cheaper ways or other ideas, like fuel rail, or fuel pressure regulator or something... anyway let me know. thanks ppl.

with the 190 you don't need a regulator or injectors right away... also, many people use the old-school afc. You can pick them up for under a hundred bucks, they're not fancy, but they do the job.

is the old afc as good as the fancy one, does it do the exact same thing? and is it easy to use? also, so if i get the 190 i wont need injectors? i thoough i needed injectors either way. hhhmm...

550's would be fine for you set-up and an S-AFC...but if you could get a better tuning system than I would go with 660's. As far as old school AFC vs. New...I have no clue...I'll have DSMLink by the end of the week and never bothered even messing with AFC's

the old AFC is no where near as good as the new S-AFC II. It may be in japanese, LOL, but it has 12 programable set RPM points apposed to 5 for the old AFC. Meaning u can sent the new one at every 500 rpm base just about. It also has knocking features and password protection and other neato stuff :thumb:

yeah but i am in canada so i have to pay the damn exchange rate, and i dont really wanna spend about 350 or more canadian for a safc II, so i might go with the old one unless i can get a gfood deal on the s-afc. so i should for sure get the 190 and 550's though for now? or should i wait till i get the afc? and will the 190 and 550s make a difference with no afc? also what are good cheap injectors to go with?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back