The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

help with factory radio wiring harness before i smash my car...grrr

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blk95gs

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 18, 2002
Havre De Grace, Maryland
i have a 1g, a 93 tsi to be exact. on the factory radio harness, on my bigger 5 or 6 prong outlet, theres a blue thing coming out of one of the ports, almost like its supposed to connect to something else. WTF is it...im getting so pissed at my car...it fried a $600 kenwood unit, and i just got a new pioneer one. i wired it all up and bam, i dont get shit. no power, nothing. even when grounded, not a thing. it seems like this blue connector has something to do with it, maybe an aftermarket alarm was hooked up to my car and crappily uninstalled before i bought it? please help, because im about to go kick the shit out of that damn thing. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

the blue wire maybe be for power aentena, or some sort of theft device... i forgot what it is, i didnt use it anyways. But check out your fuse for your radio, prolly burnt it out!

Anyway since you can't log back on to check this I'll assume it is a blue WIRE as opposed to a blue THING. It is the remote wire. Usually you only need it for an amplifier, but in my experience some players needed it hooked up regardless. Just get about 6 feet of 16 gauge wire, preferbly blue, connect it to the one coming out of the CD player. Run it under your dash to the fuse box. Pull one of the not so important fuses that turns on with the ignition, wrap the wire around one of the fuse blades and plug the fuse back in. Your done.

1990-93 Mitsubishi Eclipse Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Red/Black
Switched 12V+ Blue
Ground Chassis
Illumination Green/White
Dimmer Black/Yellow
Antenna Trigger White/Black
Antenna Left Rear
Front Speakers 4" Dash
Left Front (+) White/Blue
Left Front (-) Black/Blue
Right Front (+) White/Red
Right Front (-) Black/Red
Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Side Panels
Left Rear (+) Yellow/Blue
Left Rear (-) Gray/Blue
Right Rear (+) Yellow/Red
Right Rear (-) Gray/Red
Just splice it in with your power wire

Sorry about not responding...for some reason I don't get e-mailed from the site for my subscribed threads.

There was a connector on the blue wire, I am now assuming it as a power wire. I traced the wire back to a short, and now all is well with the harness. Thanks for the help

Later,

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back